Notices

Posts: 479 | Thanked: 1,284 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Enschede, The Netherlands
In WhoGo, on my JP1, when switching to from OSM Scout to Mapbox / Mapbox Satellite and others it also works fine in a quick test. I haven't used it yet for actual navigation or other prolonged use, but it doesn't seem to instantly crash or other apparent malfunctioning. SFOS 2.1.4.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Fuzzillogic For This Useful Post:
Posts: 339 | Thanked: 1,623 times | Joined on Oct 2013 @ France
I was one of those that did the tests on the Jolla 1 before.
I am a bit lagging right now, but I will do the update to 2.1.4 during the weekend and redo the tests with WhoGo maps to give another feedback.
I also have a PhotonQ which was also impacted by the crashes before, and will test it too with WhoGo maps, but I don't think 2.1.4 is available for it, I'll check.

I'll get back with the results "soon"

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Zeta For This Useful Post:
Fuzzillogic's good news made me test things out, and it's true, there are no crashes on the Jolla 1. Marvellous work! Map tilt makes it look so much more professional, and it's much smoother and MUCH faster than any of the 'car GPS' systems I've seen.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to nthn For This Useful Post:
Actually, now I did notice a problem: the downloaded OSM Scout maps aren't shown. It works with Poor Maps, so I'm not sure why it isn't working with WhoGo Maps.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to nthn For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,414 | Thanked: 7,547 times | Joined on Aug 2016 @ Estonia
Originally Posted by nthn View Post
Actually, now I did notice a problem: the downloaded OSM Scout maps aren't shown. It works with Poor Maps, so I'm not sure why it isn't working with WhoGo Maps.
You most probably have a profile that doesn't contain Mapbox GL data in OSM Scout Server. Go to profile selection and choose a profile with vector tiles. These days I don't fetch Mapnik data anymore and use the profile with vector tiles only. You will have to download the maps after you enable vector tiles profile.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by rinigus View Post
You most probably have a profile that doesn't contain Mapbox GL data in OSM Scout Server. Go to profile selection and choose a profile with vector tiles. These days I don't fetch Mapnik data anymore and use the profile with vector tiles only. You will have to download the maps after you enable vector tiles profile.
Great, that was indeed the problem. Are you planning to make the vector-exclusive profile the default profile in a future update?

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to nthn For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by nthn View Post
Great, that was indeed the problem. Are you planning to make the vector-exclusive profile the default profile in a future update?
I will. However, the users with profile defined (so, any current user) will have profile migrated into raster only if it was the current default. I prefer not to change the settings in invisible manner. I will also add a check on startup to warn if there are map clients in the system that are not supported by the current profile.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
when I use OSM Scout Server, blue marks/points or route traces on the map do not display, is this a known issue?

Also returning back from minimized the map layer is empty.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to pagis For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by pagis View Post
when I use OSM Scout Server, blue marks/points or route traces on the map do not display, is this a known issue?

Also returning back from minimized the map layer is empty.
It does display for me and I haven't heard anyone telling about it.

To ensure that there are no mixups with the versions, make sure you run the latest WhoGo Maps. Maybe uninstall, check that there is nothing left in /usr/share/harbour-whogo-maps, and install again. Report back.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by rinigus View Post
It does display for me and I haven't heard anyone telling about it.

To ensure that there are no mixups with the versions, make sure you run the latest WhoGo Maps. Maybe uninstall, check that there is nothing left in /usr/share/harbour-whogo-maps, and install again. Report back.
I did reinstall, but I get the same empty layers, it might be a problem with my OSM Scout Server, I get some warnings like:
Error whtile getting mapbox GL style, and malformed mapbox GL file request styles/osmbright-en.json

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pagis For This Useful Post: