Active Topics

Notices

Is anyone else having issues with auto-rotation with the CSSU (force rotation deactivated)?

Sometimes when launching the application from the portrait menu, it'll open in landscape mode until I open/close the keyboard a few times. Not really a big issue, I'm just wondering if its something specific to my set up.

Hi,

I am a new podcast user and i find this application very nice.

But i have some annoying problems :

- i download podcast from a french cast , i often have time out error...then the download stop...it's possible to resume manually the download but it's a problem i have a lot of downloads at same time. Is possible to set an automatic retry/resume on a failed download ?

- even if i change the video player in setting menu, gpodder doesn't take account and continue to launch the video file with default N900 media player.

The problem is the default one can't read MP4 and mplayer seems to work.
How to change the video player except in settings menu ???

Thanks a lot and good work !!!

Posts: 1,391 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by ejasmudar View Post
Also, I have a podcast which gives pods in different languages. I want only one from it. Can we have a regex/text based filter for downloading podcasts?
You can write a "hooks" script and modify the new flag for episodes that you don't want to download. You then have access to the whole episode object and can add both the "news"-mode and the "regex"-mode new marking modes.

See the example hooks script in our Git repository. You want to add some code to the "on_podcast_updated" function and then copy the hooks script to ~/.config/gpodder/hooks/.

The Following User Says Thank You to thp For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by verrnum View Post
i download podcast from a french cast , i often have time out error...then the download stop...it's possible to resume manually the download but it's a problem i have a lot of downloads at same time. Is possible to set an automatic retry/resume on a failed download ?
That's Maemo bug 10883. Please subscribe to it to get notifications when it is implemented/updated.

even if i change the video player in setting menu, gpodder doesn't take account and continue to launch the video file with default N900 media player.
This works for me. Which version of gPodder are you using? The latest is 2.14 (package version 2.14-1). If it is reproducable, please start gPodder from X Terminal using
Code:
gpodder --verbose
and try to reproduce the bug and post the terminal output into a new bug report at http://bugs.maemo.org/ in the Extras / gPodder component. Thanks!

Posts: 800 | Thanked: 957 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ India
Hmmm, could you please guide me as to
a. where is the gpodder.hooks module as mentioned in that hook script?
b. If I make a hook script (it might happen) will it affect all the podcasts or can I set it to affect only a single one?

My apps for N9:
LockScreenQuotes
USbS

If you feel I have helped you, don't forget to press Thanks!

where is the gpodder.hooks module as mentioned in that hook script?
It's in src/gpodder/hooks.py in the source tarball and it's also installed somewhere on your system ("dpkg -L gpodder | grep hooks" should clue you in).

If I make a hook script (it might happen) will it affect all the podcasts or can I set it to affect only a single one?
It will be called for all podcasts, but you can do something like:

Code:
if podcast.url == 'http://feeds.feedburner.com/bla':
    episodes = podcast.get_all_episodes()
    for episode in episodes:
        episode.mark(is_played=True)
This would mark all episodes in the feed at that URL as not played.

The Following User Says Thank You to thp For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by thp View Post
That's Maemo bug 10883. Please subscribe to it to get notifications when it is implemented/updated.

This works for me. Which version of gPodder are you using? The latest is 2.14 (package version 2.14-1). If it is reproducable, please start gPodder from X Terminal using
Code:
gpodder --verbose
and try to reproduce the bug and post the terminal output into a new bug report at http://bugs.maemo.org/ in the Extras / gPodder component. Thanks!
Hi,

Thanks for your answer.

I understood the problem. The file is really a video file but it was named as un sound file : video2.mp3 ...

I suppose the problem came from the podCast server and then no solution exists...

I am really interested by the "auto retry" feature.
I hope it will soon available.

Best regards and thanks for work

hi all,

is it possible to configure the downloaded file paths ?

thank

is it possible to configure the downloaded file paths?
Yes, see the user manual in the section "Changing the downloads folder location" and the "Maemo 5" subsection.

Originally Posted by thp View Post
Yes, see the user manual in the section "Changing the downloads folder location" and the "Maemo 5" subsection.
Thanks for your reply !

Tags
fremantle, gpodder, maemo 5, not android, podcast, testing