Speaking of lifeguard_restarts, I just had a look at mine and saw:

Code:
/usr/sbin/gpsdriver :  505 *
I guess this is caused by gpsdriver_guard. This is mostly a cosmetic issue, but perhaps it could restart gpsdriver with dsmetool (or even /etc/init.d/gpsdriver) instead of just killing it?

Originally Posted by lma View Post
Both can exist, lifeguard_restarts shows processes that died for whatever reason and were restarted by dsme, while lifeguard_resets shows processes that made dsme trigger a complete reboot.
I have 5,052 lifeguard_resets due to bme_RX-34. And that's just counting since I last reformatted the thing.

Thanks, Nokia. I'm never buying anything you make ever again.

The Following User Says Thank You to DataPath For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by DataPath View Post
I have 5,052 lifeguard_resets due to bme_RX-34.
Yikes, that's a bit excessive! I didn't even know the bme bug was also affecting the N800 (mine's still wearing the battery that came with it back in 2007, and while it doesn't last too long it doesn't spontaneously reboot).

Warning: untested and might lead to reboot loop requiring reflash: it might be worth trying changing /mnt/initfs/linuxrc to start it with "dsmetool -t" instead of "-r".

Posts: 1,101 | Thanked: 1,184 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Spain
Speaking of lifeguard_restarts, I just had a look at mine and saw:

Code:
/usr/sbin/gpsdriver :  505 *
I guess this is caused by gpsdriver_guard. This is mostly a cosmetic issue, but perhaps it could restart gpsdriver with dsmetool (or even /etc/init.d/gpsdriver) instead of just killing it?
LOL, that's nothing compared to my /usr/bin/gpsdriver/ 1808 *
Yes, it is caused by gpsdriver_guard, but I prefer just to use kill and let dsme do its job. While dsmetool could be an option, using the init.d script would be bloat.

Yikes, that's a bit excessive! I didn't even know the bme bug was also affecting the N800 (mine's still wearing the battery that came with it back in 2007, and while it doesn't last too long it doesn't spontaneously reboot).

Warning: untested and might lead to reboot loop requiring reflash: it might be worth trying changing /mnt/initfs/linuxrc to start it with "dsmetool -t" instead of "-r".
I already had to replace mine about last year's summer for the same reason.

hi,

I have installed DT on top of CSSU. It all seems fine - thanks for making this available.

I have found just one problem. I use Truecrypt 6.0a from here:

https://sites.google.com/a/securix.net/www/truecrypt52

It was working fine before installing DT, but now hangs after I enter the password to open a TC file. I'm pretty sure this is due to Fuse.

As you can see, there's a Fuse DEB on that site, which I had to install to get TC working, and I think that's what's been broken. I have installed the updated Fuse module that you supplied for DT, but that made no difference.

Any suggestions?

Originally Posted by alexc View Post
hi,

I have installed DT on top of CSSU. It all seems fine - thanks for making this available.

I have found just one problem. I use Truecrypt 6.0a from here:

https://sites.google.com/a/securix.net/www/truecrypt52

It was working fine before installing DT, but now hangs after I enter the password to open a TC file. I'm pretty sure this is due to Fuse.

As you can see, there's a Fuse DEB on that site, which I had to install to get TC working, and I think that's what's been broken. I have installed the updated Fuse module that you supplied for DT, but that made no difference.

Any suggestions?
Make sure you don't have the old fuse module hanging around. The same happened to me with sshfs: I built the new module, installed it and it still hung, wondered why until I saw the old module was still there and was loaded instead of mine. Once I removed it everything was fine.

The Following User Says Thank You to maacruz For This Useful Post:
I did uninstall the 2.7.3 Fuse deb that I had installed from Securix's site, using the Application Manager, but then TC complained that it couldn't find Fuse at all, even after installing your kernel module.

I'm guessing that you mean I need to remove the other fuse.ko file? Could you please explain how I do this?

Originally Posted by alexc View Post
I did uninstall the 2.7.3 Fuse deb that I had installed from Securix's site, using the Application Manager, but then TC complained that it couldn't find Fuse at all, even after installing your kernel module.

I'm guessing that you mean I need to remove the other fuse.ko file? Could you please explain how I do this?
All fixed. I found /usr/lib/fuse/fuse.ko and removed that, but after rebooting and trying TC again it complained that I needed to 'modprobe fuse', which I tried; that complained about a modprobe file, I can't remember which off-hand (possibly modprobe.dep).

So then I created a sym-link from /usr/lib/fuse/fuse.ko to your new fuse.ko file, rebooted and it's all fine. Thanks again for your help.

Sorry for interruption. There is an ongoing debate on the future of the maemo.org. I thought you might want to check it out.

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?p=1069052

The Following User Says Thank You to momcilo For This Useful Post:

Tags
chinook, diablo, new life, os2008