Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 589 | Thanked: 54 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ london
"and again, you compare a product with a market place for the last 3 years with a product that is 2 month out in the wild! NONE will stand that comparison...."

thats immaterial from a purchasing perspective- its about what we want today- if you want lots of silly or actually quite usefull apps get an iphone or android- if you wanna play about with your device, or/and have the best pocket browser in existance get an n900.

comprisons made using the time a product has been out is practically useless . its about the choice we have today. i agree that we cannot expect 90 thousand apps- of course we cant- but that point doesnt effect the end user.

The Following User Says Thank You to mysticrokks For This Useful Post:
When it comes to entertainment, iPhone eats N900 / Maemo alive. But then again, Maemo 5 / N900 is so new that there's no way it could match the software portfolio of iPhone Appstore.

And I don't think it ever will, it's simply not as attracting as a development platform at the moment and I doubt it will reach that kind of popularity during it's lifespan.

Maemo 6 and the next device - who knows.

Some good games I play on iPod Touch:

Geodefence & Geodefence Swarm, Angry Birds, The Settlers, Rolando, Space Invaders: Infinity Gene.

The iPod has totally pushed PSP aside as a my primary portable gaming machine.

angry birds is coming on the n900.

i have a psp an iphone and n900,

but to be honest i only really play my ds

The Following User Says Thank You to mysticrokks For This Useful Post:
I certainly misunderstood... Has he really used "iPhone quality" as a synonim of "high quality"??? :S

The Following User Says Thank You to torpedo48 For This Useful Post:
"I certainly misunderstood... Has he really used "iPhone quality" as a synonim of "high quality"???"

and is that wrong then..!!

Posts: 1,400 | Thanked: 3,751 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Arctic cold of northern .fi

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Rauha For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by aldevil View Post
i wanted to ask the programmers... can N900 process apps like the iphone and itouch... i haven't seen one app that looks to be a high quality app.......
Was there a speciifc app that you were thinking of, that you would really like? Might give the devs some focus.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mikec For This Useful Post:
Posts: 18 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Chicago-far NW side
But does the Maemo have thousands of fart apps like the iPhone does?

I think there are two different ideas and methods here. Official iPhone apps have to go through Apple and updates have to go through Apple.

Community developed Maemo apps (that aren't in Nokia or Ovi's repo) don't go through as draconian (as in one company or organization)and random process. Often the focus is more on functionality first, aestheics second. Take dialcentral for example, it's being updated frequently for functionality reasons (to deal with problems as they come up) and its aesthics haven't changed much from release to release and isn't likely to in the future. It may never be as pretty as it's Android or iPhone equivalents.

There's also several more reasons (money, don't care about apperance, etc..)but I won't go into much depth. So will you always see the graphical polish Apple look Apple loves from community developed apps? Probably not. Though I would expect more from Ovi Store apps.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Laughing Man For This Useful Post:
Posts: 56 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Carlisle, PA
I think the most important thing to me is the fact that you have to jailbreak the iphone to get what the n900 has out of the box. That voids the iphones warranty.

The apps are coming and yes a lot of them will be more for the tech savvy then the normal consumer but there will also be a lot of great apps for the normal joe. <if your name is joe I apologize LOL>

The one thing I don't get is why people even need to come here and try to say well the iphone has this or has all these apps, if those thoughts are even on your mind then GO BUY AN F'N I***** then and have fun know subconsciously you just got hammered in the rear by Mr. Jobs LOL.

Last edited by NUTNDUN; 2010-01-08 at 15:47.

The Following User Says Thank You to NUTNDUN For This Useful Post:

Tags
app quality, application, application quality, applications, fremantle, iphone quality, maemo, maemo 5, quality