Notices

Posts: 270 | Thanked: 610 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Leipzig/Germany
Yeah I agree that the current Maemo5 reader is not really that good (its basically the default Maemo4 Reader with added kinetic scrolling). I am thinking of trying to create my own but for this I will have to finally find the time to learn some maemo developing skills...

The Following User Says Thank You to seiichiro0185 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,589 | Thanked: 720 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Arlington (DFW), Texas
Originally Posted by Alan_Peery View Post
PenguinTV is available for the N810, and is more finger friendly. Maybe it will do what you want.
I installed that, but it seemed only compatible with podcasts. Maybe I didn't get how to use it. I got nowhere with it at all.

I've spoken with George , who wrote Feed Curcuit, and he said he is looking into his available time but he does have plans for a port :-)

My Blog

Posts: 186 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Austin TX
My RSS reader idget is stuck on one of desktops. It won't open anytime I select it and won't delete when I try click the X in edit desktop mode.
Does anyone know of a way I can delete it altogether?

Posts: 3,617 | Thanked: 2,412 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Cambridge, UK
Originally Posted by Strive_Masiwa View Post
My RSS reader idget is stuck on one of desktops. It won't open anytime I select it and won't delete when I try click the X in edit desktop mode.
Does anyone know of a way I can delete it altogether?
Have you tried rebooting?

Posts: 186 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Austin TX
Yep. Worked. Apologies for the noob question.

*joins queue for better RSS reader*

Originally Posted by Andre Klapper View Post
Errm... there is an option for every post to save it for offline reading, rendered at the end of every post.
You are correct Andre, you can save individual posts for later. I poorly described the feature that I would like to see, and that would be a batch download for all new posts when you have an internet connection so that you can read them later without a connection.

A use case to consider: I'm getting ready to board a plane and I want to download all unread posts on the server for google reader so that when on the plane with no connection of any kind, I can still read the posts.

An iphone example of this is Byline, which syncs with google reader and downloads unread posts. A jailbroken iphone example is GRIS.

I hope that describes what I was looking for a little better. it's a nice feature that I would love to see in some form on the N900.

Rob

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rgoble4 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 172 | Thanked: 193 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Germany
Is anybody else experiencing the problem that the reader doesn't update the feeds automatically?

It seems that I have to keep the reader running in the background to make it update automatically. Is this intended behavior or should it work without the reader open in the background?

Posts: 1,589 | Thanked: 720 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Arlington (DFW), Texas
I abandoned the reader pretty quickly. Too stylus oriented. Can't walk my dog or do anything while I do research anymore.

Originally Posted by christexaport View Post
I abandoned the reader pretty quickly. Too stylus oriented. Can't walk my dog or do anything while I do research anymore.
Chris, mate what kind of dog do you have? Mind sharing a pic?
I'm only curious cause you talk about your talk about as much as you talk about phones :-)
I love it

My Blog

Tags
maemo 5, rss reader