Active Topics

Posts: 1,417 | Thanked: 2,619 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Touring
Originally Posted by azkay View Post
https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.ph...ghlight=pebble

I got my Pebble about a month back
Thanks, that is exactly the thread I was looking for but web search didn't find.
Super stoked, I have been waiting since before the first kickstarter opened!
Any advice on particularly useful pebble apps and where to grab a good collection of the free ones before the repos go away?

The Following User Says Thank You to biketool For This Useful Post:
Posts: 395 | Thanked: 509 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Brisbane, Australia
Originally Posted by biketool View Post
Thanks, that is exactly the thread I was looking for but web search didn't find.
Super stoked, I have been waiting since before the first kickstarter opened!
Any advice on particularly useful pebble apps and where to grab a good collection of the free ones before the repos go away?
No idea, I haven't used any on mine lol. I thought I would use it for heaps, but end up just using it as a watch and music control for my phone. I work outdoors, so it's nice to be able to pause/play when someone comes up to me to ask me something.
  • Translink Brisbane script (time to bus/train)
  • Commbank client (check balance)
  • Uber (basic client, request ride, etc)

The Following User Says Thank You to azkay For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,417 | Thanked: 2,619 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Touring
Back in the late 2000s I spec'ed out a dream system when I was cycling 40km/day to work and studies.
I was using a sharp Zaurus and a Motorola Razr flip phone at the time and listened to podcasts or music from the Z and had a DIY headphone switchover box for a BT headset for phone calls.
The dream was a watch to control stuff and read SMS, a BT headset with 3.5mm phone for good earphones, and a super cool phone/PDA in my pack or pannier bag. I also implemented a dynamo generator charging system for my N900 and other USB charge stuff on the bicycle as part of that system. The only thing missing was the watch.
A few years late but I will soon be living that dream.

Maybe I should have dreamed for (way)more money than I make and reliable future stream of even better GNU FOSS Linux computer phones. Also a cool car, a motorcycle, a house, a cool airplane, upgrade my lapsed pilot license, and more money for fuel and maintenance. Why not a helicopter and license too since I am going nuts!
But yea, I cant wait to integrate this watch into my system.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to biketool For This Useful Post:

Tags
pebble, watch