Posts: 337 | Thanked: 891 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Royaume Uni.
Since this is the most in-demand feature, why not have a thread about it?

I see that the CEO has made another cryptic comment about it.
Tomi Pienimäki ‏@smabacke 17h

@baptx @JollaHQ #IAmTheOtherHalf Thanks, not bad conceptual thinking at all! Why haven't we thought of that ourselves...or have we... :-)?
It seems to me that if they didn't want to make a HWKB, they'd just ignore the demand or else say it's not coming.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to NokiaFanatic For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Well to announce a keyboard device would be great fuel for the sales. To be quiet about is not.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 337 | Thanked: 891 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Royaume Uni.
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
Well to announce a keyboard device would be great fuel for the sales. To be quiet about is not.
No company will give everything away everything at once. It's best to stagger leaks/features to sustain hype.

The Following User Says Thank You to NokiaFanatic For This Useful Post:
Posts: 226 | Thanked: 195 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Malaysia
Absolutely agree about sustaining hype... however, I think that they are waiting a bit too long between the "leaks".

Only thing it seems to be resulting in is speculation (especially from places like TMO ) which usually only results in when things are finally confirmed/denied.

The Following User Says Thank You to biatch0 For This Useful Post:
When you are asked to pay 100 EUR for a preorder I think information is quite essential. I have currently registered for the 0EUR option, but I would upgrade if I they confirmed an hardware keyboard.

I absolutely don't expect a hardware keyboard for the total price of 399EUR(299+100), but I would like to know if they are going to make one, and an estimation about the cost and availability date.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ketilk For This Useful Post:
It is rather essential which technology will they use for other half - if it will just be a -technically, separated - Bluetooth HID one, they can - with all due respect - go stuff up with it. If I would like to waste battery power for constant Bluetooth usage to get basic functionality, I can attach any /dev/urandom mobile BT keyboard, and even do my own case/other half for it.

OTOH, some decent interface that wouldn't result in wasting power usage (or just USB without disabling hostmode - IF there will be hostmode at all) would be great compromise - people wanting N9-like toy would have possibility to buy it, people wanting something real with HW KB could obtain it, too.

it's all about about how well it integrates into whole device.

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:

Tags
jolla, keyboard