Active Topics

Hi all,
my N9 recently switched off and then hangs in a boot loop. First I assumed it was a drained battery so i recharged it using the flasher Tool from Linux Terminal. Even with full charged battery it does not start up. So I re-flashed the firmware as I successfully did some month ago. But this also fails (rootfs could not be written). From some other posts here I guess the flash is broken at some addresses.

My question: I would like to rescue some phone numbers and other contact data. I'm wondering how I could read out eMMC content from a bricked device. My idea is to identify private data using a hexeditor. If not possible, I could buy an identical phone and replace its eMMC content.

But first step: How to get the required memory content? Linux solutions preferred.

Thanks in advance!

The Following User Says Thank You to barthie For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Use flasher to load ubiboot kernel. On startup it will both export your mmcblk partitions via USB to external computer and also allow you to telnet into the device.

http://www.swagman.org/juice/ubiboot/