Notices

Posts: 770 | Thanked: 558 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Abidjan
Hi, i'm going to install this mod! I'd like to congrats you for this work! It could give a second breathe to our N900!!!!!

EDIT: I followed all the steps, installed the deb file and modified the line /opt/qmllockscreen/qmllockscreen inside the syspart.conf file. But what i got is only a black screen. Sometimes the original locksrēreen appears but i can't swipe to unlock. Any idea to fix it???

Last edited by Boemien; 2014-01-23 at 22:24.

Boemien, I need more info: any errors during installation, which version: thumb/normal
try in terminal:
sudo gainroot
stop qmllockscreenup
exit
/opt/qmllockscreen/qmllockscreen
post the output here (errors)

Last edited by elros34; 2014-02-01 at 18:16.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to elros34 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,365 | Thanked: 2,467 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Australia Mate
this is off its head!!!!!!! very cool!

New version with few improvements.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to elros34 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 94 | Thanked: 53 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ UK LONDON
I just installed the thumb version and it works great.Well done man.
next: neo900

Android/iOS developer
ready for maemo coding competition 2016!

Posts: 76 | Thanked: 44 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ India
Originally Posted by elros34 View Post
New version with few improvements.
thanks for new version, it works more smoothly and it look cool even along with those extra icons without being much crowded. That proximity implementation is so great, it works perfectly, i don't have to wait for screen to go off to put in pocket anymore. anyway sometimes that lock icon appears and sometimes not which is cool when it appears but in what cicrumtances does it have to appear? Also i have checked setting file which is lot easier to configure and n9 mode look cool too but then other top and bottom menu don't work. Hope to see both way working together soon. Thanks again for your awesome work.

Last edited by kraker_abhy; 2014-02-02 at 19:17.

kraker_abhy, about proximity option: for now it checking proximity sensor only after you press power button and block touch events if sensor is covered. It will be needed if I add keep alive option.
btw you don't have to wait for off screen just press power button or slide from top screen.
Originally Posted by kraker_abhy View Post
Also i have checked setting file which is lot easier to configure and n9 mode look cool too but then other top and bottom menu don't work. Hope to see both way working together soon.
oh and what next 3D interface - no problem.

The Following User Says Thank You to elros34 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 76 | Thanked: 44 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ India
kraker_abhy, about proximity option: for now it checking proximity sensor only after you press power button and block touch events if sensor is covered. It will be needed if I add keep alive option.
btw you don't have to wait for off screen just press power button or slide from top screen.
Oh i got it, it seems working great when i cover sensor, which is lot easier for me to just put N900 in pocket after checking time or something without doing anything or worried about it will get some accidental touch events.
keep alive option would be nice when implemented so we can play with media control as much as we want.

oh and what next 3D interface - no problem.
left and right swipe for either some option or just unlocking along with bottom up swipe (as it is now) is sufficient i think with no need of 3D interface, perhaps i actually don't know what 3D interface could it be for lockscreen. haha

By the way i have replaced lockscreen wallpaper with shaded transparent image which gives glassy look and i am happy with that.

Thanks for fast, smooth, and neat lockscreen, it never slow down for me and also the orientation problem i mentioned earlier for initial start after boot seems to be fixed for me with new version.

testing the thumb ver 4 and till now it's Great! ty!

What IS the n9 mode?

Tags
lockscreen