I'm thinking of doing some development for Sailfish, and I might buy a Xiaomi or Oneplus compatible device.

One of my ideas is to make a programmable camera app, where you can run scripts and such (similar to CHDK).
Anyway, I've been looking online for info about the camera API and I couldn't find anything. Is there an official guide or something, preferably for C (not C++) camera programing?

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Radu For This Useful Post:
Posts: 654 | Thanked: 2,368 times | Joined on Jul 2014 @ UK
Start here:

https://sailfishos.org/wiki/Core_Are...PIs#Multimedia

Multimedia

Sailfish Multimedia uses QtMultimedia, on top of GStreamer 1.0 supporting the 'good' and 'bad' plugin collections. The 'ugly' plugin set is not supported for licensing reasons.

Some low-level media services that interact with the Android HAL are wrapped up in droidmedia, and exposed in a custom Gstreamer plugin: GStreamer1.0-droid. This includes support for OMX codecs (H.264/AVC, VP8, MPEG-4 & H.263 video, MP3 & AAC audio), Camera support (including direct capture and encoding of video for recording) and EGL display, which can all use Android native buffers and formats internally for added performance.

The Following User Says Thank You to Feathers McGraw For This Useful Post:
Thanks, but I meant a place where I can find an actual API, with functions on how to init the camera, set the ISO, focus, and so on, preferably with some examples as well.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Radu For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
I had a similar problem once. Not about the camera but that does not matter. The only documentation I found was waaaaaay too high level for my needs. I ended up giving up. Life is too short.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
That kind of sucks. Tizen has some good documentation, but there are no ports on other phones, and I can't even buy a Samsung Z4 phone here (plus, I heard they are locked down, so no sideloading?).

The Following User Says Thank You to Radu For This Useful Post: