@Pali: I already have 2012.10-rc3-1 installed, but HAM wants me to upgrade to the same version. It seems that the new package does not have the same size than the one installed from the OP.
Does the difference comes from maemo autobuilder, or is there some changes since the package you posted in the OP ?

yes, version from autobuilder is compiled by autobuilder and my deb packae was compiled by madde on my pc month ago.

The Following User Says Thank You to pali For This Useful Post:
Posts: 323 | Thanked: 180 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Gent, Belgium
small security question:

From version 2012.04-2 to the 2012.10-rc3-1 version, is the config file still valid ? Or do I have to modify entries in there to keep all working ?

Thanks.

The Following User Says Thank You to Netweaver For This Useful Post:
2012.10 version has compatibily for all old menu item files. Script u-boot-update-bootmenu will show information about old entires (but still understand them). The only thing for updating is key ITEM_OMAPATAG

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to pali For This Useful Post:
Posts: 676 | Thanked: 1,067 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Kyiv, Ukraine
Originally Posted by pali View Post
Finally maemo autobuilder working again, so I pushed uboot to extras-devel. See first post and vote for packages!
I've installed it with FAM and it didn't replace old U-Boot. It did delete uboot-pr13 package but on reboot I see the old U-Boot. Installing KP and rebooting again... No, still the old one. And u-boot-flasher is marked as installed.

Last edited by int_ua; 2012-12-14 at 15:30.

Posts: 323 | Thanked: 180 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Gent, Belgium
my upgrade went fine, also via FAM. I started from the the Pali U-Boot 2012.04-2. And with open keyboard I see the new one is active.

All fine here, thanks for the new release.

The Following User Says Thank You to Netweaver For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Netweaver View Post
my upgrade went fine, also via FAM. I started from the the Pali U-Boot 2012.04-2. And with open keyboard I see the new one is active.

All fine here, thanks for the new release.
Did you have uboot-pr13 before?

Posts: 1,523 | Thanked: 1,997 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ not your mom's FOSS basement
In case i did miss it: why exactly are kernels stored in '/boot' as well as /'home/user/MyDocs/bootmenu.img.d'?

@int_ua: You should uninstall any old uboot version before installing this new (see first post)! Otherwise it will not work.

@don_falcone: in /boot/ are stored bootable zImages and in MyDocs are stored uImages (zImages converted to special uboot format). Also, uboot cannot read rootfs ubifs nand where is also stored /boot/ subfolder and DEB packages shouldnt (or cant) install files to MyDocs.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pali For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by pali View Post
@int_ua: You should uninstall any old uboot version before installing this new (see first post)! Otherwise it will not work.
It was uninstalled automatically, just the new one wasn't flashed despite package being marked as installed. I've used apt-get --reinstall and it worked

The Following User Says Thank You to int_ua For This Useful Post:

Tags
bootmenu, u-boot