Notices

Closed Thread
Posts: 20 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Hong Kong
It works! Even can type chinese using ibus.
If the contact list can be used it is already perfect.

if u facing registartion problem re register with yappari n900 apliation after use wazap .... u can clse or remove yappari after

sorry to forget this sugation for n9 users they are facing registration problem..

hahahaha and we are using without any error ... scropius goood jobe

Last edited by naru; 2012-06-05 at 16:03.

Posts: 1,396 | Thanked: 2,796 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Caracas, Venezuela
Originally Posted by nicolaselmir View Post
Hello Scorpius
I installed Yappari and used the country code (+961) for Lebanon and put my number
after 7 seconds i can see that its always showing ( Connecting) and it remains like this.
plz help
Send me your /home/user/MyDocs/yappari.log (put it in pastebin.org or uppit.com and send me the link). I'll try to figure it out.

Also everybody who's reading this that still has a problem registering please do this. If you can do it through private messages it's even better (not everybody can, it depends on the number of the posts you have) because sometimes I miss one or two people in the thread with problems.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Scorpius For This Useful Post:
Posts: 104 | Thanked: 47 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ United Kingdom
Hey Scorpius, first I would like to thank you for the great work.
I have installed the 3 packages you asked about:

Originally Posted by Scorpius View Post
What's the output of the following command:

Code:
dpkg -s libqtm-contacts libqtm-11-contacts libqtm-12-contacts | grep Version
and this solved the "std::bad_alloc" error
Code:
Opening Address Book...
terminate called after throwing an instance of 'std::bad_alloc'
what(): std::bad_alloc
Aborted
then I reinstalled:
libqt4-core
libqt4-dbus
libqt4-xml
libqtm-contacts
libqtm-systeminfo
libqtm-messaging

I also tried your latest release, but still, I get a segfault.

Code:
Opening Address Book...
Segmentation fault
I am 99% sure it is something to do with my contacts, since I ALWAYS have problems with applications that deal with contacts.

Posts: 323 | Thanked: 180 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Gent, Belgium
Hi,
first of all, great work. I also hate non-standard IM protocols but I get soo much heat from 'the dark side', not being reachable. So I'm v happy it's getting there finally

some findings :
- If contacts have multiple phone numbers, it's impossible to tell which one to pick when starting a conversation with a new person.
EDIT: Just saw it will be fixed with SYNC

- after picking a contact, it stays in ur 'fav. contacts' list with the original name, even when the name corresponding to the number changes (tried to prevent finding no.1)

- just having a single person chat window open, already consumes 7 to 10% CPU, when not typing or receiving anything (on 3G). This is a bit too much to keep on for a long time.

-The behaviour of Shift and Blue Arrow are not the same as in 'Normal' input boxes. In Yappari one needs to keep pressing the modifier key, while normally it works as a next char 'toggle'

Some requests:
If you could allow an indicator next to the name (when selecting a name and/or in the fav. list), to allow selecting the right number, it would be handy. Maybe the contact sync will fix that. Anyhow I would like to prevent making multiple contacts to allow easy choosing which number I want to IM to.
EDIT: Still could be handy to have some indication, if a person has 2 registered phone numbers (eg. one home and one work mobile)

Could you provide a delete option for (some/all) entries in the Fav. contacts list ?

Is it possible to provide a local name sync option, refreshing/updating the Fav. contacts list, updating the name belonging to the number?

Can u also provide a menu option to close down Yappari after being started? So not needing a kill -9 ?
EDIT: The Status menu item allows to kill it. Stupid me ...

Thanks for the effort, really appreciated!

Last edited by Netweaver; 2012-06-05 at 16:48.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Netweaver For This Useful Post:
installed and working good thank you..

spanish time..

lo fastidioso es agregar el +58 a todos los numeros y una cosa cuando recibo un msj me lo notifica pero automaticamente me abre la ventana del chat.. y me pasa que le estoy escribiendo a una persona y derepente recibo un msj me abre el otro y termino enviandole el msj a la persona equivocada .. e notado alguno otra cosilla pero todo bine gracias de antemano

Posts: 66 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Netherlands
About the CPU usage, i have the save feeling here.

I have 3 chats open and my phone went slow.

Maby you first fix the stability and then the chat history (because its anoying when you close a chat its al gone)

Keep it up!

i think some peopel are facing problem i have 3 n900 all are working fine with yappari... me and my brother and my frind using cssu testing without any package yappari we installed becuz its alredy installed so use cssu and after use yappari it will work bettor and eassy

Posts: 66 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Netherlands
@naru oke i will try it!

Posts: 1,396 | Thanked: 2,796 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Caracas, Venezuela
@mlwane

The std::bad_alloc is an "Out Of Memory" error. I don't know what can cause that error in your contact list, maybe a bad formed picture in one of the contacts, or something like that.

I would export all my contacts to a PC with Nokia Suite or something and delete them in the phone and reimport them without the pictures and then add pictures one by one until you find the one that's wrong (that's if the pictures are the problem).

But if you definitely have problems with other applications that use Contacts I would definitely export them all and delete them. Maybe corrupted address book?

The Following User Says Thank You to Scorpius For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread

Tags
alpha, awesomeness, best_client, let_it_die, mumbai_dumbai, read_first_post, whatsapp