Active Topics

Please join https://t.me/sfos_user_pro1 our new telegram group just for sfo on the pro1 discussion. It should be the quickest way to interact with the development team.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to piggz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 269 | Thanked: 1,096 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hampshire, UK
Do we really need to spread the tiny amount of information out there over even more channels? Is the aim to make it even harder to find out anything and discourage as many new users as possible?

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to epninety For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by epninety View Post
Do we really need to spread the tiny amount of information out there over even more channels? Is the aim to make it even harder to find out anything and discourage as many new users as possible?
Quite the opposite. The dev team are always available on telegram, so more likely to interact that way. I very rarely visit TMO and event the fxtec forums.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to piggz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 269 | Thanked: 1,096 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hampshire, UK
OK, I'm game to give it a try... how do I access your telegram group from SFOS on the Pro1? What software should I install? Telegram homepage is no help, t.j.c says use Depecher which doesn't seem to entirely work - I cant find any contacts, but others who know my phone number can apparently see me.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to epninety For This Useful Post:
I got permanently banned from Telegram, apparently from using my account on too many clients (was experimenting to find the best SFOS client). Will info still be posted here?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to taixzo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 286 | Thanked: 615 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Estonia
So, moved here from the "Are you Ready?..." thread.
Originally Posted by acrux:
SailfishOS - the suggested installation procedure did not work. Was able to flash TWRP, but that did not start - only until splashscreen and got stuck there. Tried to sideload SailfishOS with Lineage recovery but that did not succeed.
Originally Posted by TheKit View Post
Did you format data partition to remove encryption before installing SailfishOS as in the guide? Which SailfishOS image build did you try?
Without getting TWRP to run i used LineageOS recovery to format/wipe data. I tried the latest build - sailfishos-t5-release-3.2.1.20-devel-20200122.zip.

However - I was able to get TWRP installed using: fastboot erase boot; system; userdata and cache and afterwards installing TWRP as in published instructions.
Then followed the instructions for installing SailfishOS. However - the installed SailfishOS did not boot. Only FxTec logo was shown forever.
No problems to install LineageOS afterwards.
Edit: I have screen photos of the TWRP SailfishOS install process, but nowhere to upload them currently...
Edit2: I'd rename the title of the tread to: SFOS on F(x)tec Pro¹: stagnation, unresolved issues, fading interest...

Last edited by acrux; 2020-03-24 at 14:01.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to acrux For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,699 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
Originally Posted by taixzo View Post
I got permanently banned from Telegram, apparently from using my account on too many clients (was experimenting to find the best SFOS client). Will info still be posted here?
you should write to telegram support

The Following User Says Thank You to coderus For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by coderus View Post
you should write to telegram support
I did; however their only method of contact is to DM them on twitter, which I did and got no response.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to taixzo For This Useful Post:
I can no longer install or upgrade packages; all operations give me the error
Code:
File './armv7hl/libgrilio-binder-1.0.6-1.2.23.jolla.armv7hl.rpm' not found on medium 'http://repo.merproject.org/obs/nemo/devel:/hw:/fxtec:/t5/sailfish_latest_armv7hl/'

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to taixzo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,699 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
keep calm and pkcon refresh

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to coderus For This Useful Post:

Tags
fxtec pro1, sailfish os