Hello,

I need help about reflashing my n900 to stock kernel.
I was trying to manually install Nitdroid kernel and unfortunately, the multiboot kept saying cannot reflash kernel, missing files or something.

anyway, i want to reflash my n900 but when i try doing this:

1.take out battery
2.put back battery
3.open keyboard and hold U key
4.connect USB

the screen shows the nokia logo without the backlight,
and then a bunch of text prints on screen, then the n900 shuts down with a yellow light.

My battery is full (via external charger).
I have the maemo flasher "waiting" with the kernel image in my PC.
both the battery and cable are original from the box.

Any help on this issue? Please help..

thank you!

I have a bricked usb with a broken USB port. Welcome to the club. Not sure why yours is not connecting though. Have you had problems in the past charging the device from the usb port?

my usb port is broken too
but somehow it can charge with it with a little adjustment

is there any way i could install a temporary kernel in a microSD card and use that as a "safe mode" to boot into maemo?
by the way, i can still enter enable root shell by pressing S in the multiboot screen...

Last edited by altorn; 2010-09-18 at 19:37.

Originally Posted by altorn View Post
my usb port is broken too
but somehow it can charge with it with a little adjustment

is there any way i could install a temporary kernel in a microSD card and use that as a "safe mode" to boot into maemo?
by the way, i can still enter enable root shell by pressing S in the multiboot screen...
Not sure. Was under the impression the only way to fix a bricked N900 was to connect usb and run flasher. Would love to be proven wrong though.

any help, people?

The Following User Says Thank You to altorn For This Useful Post:
Have you tried fidling with the cable a bit? When my usb port first starting dying I managed to do a flash but had to hold the cable in to get it recognised by the pc and had to keep on holding it throughout the whole flashing process.

Unfortunaately my own usb port is now way beyond that stage and is just not recognised no matter what I do and how much I fiddle with the cable.

Posts: 2,050 | Thanked: 1,425 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bucharest
If you have USB trouble, get it fixed. Even if it does link, having the USB move around during a flash is bad.

Sorry to be a downer, but you can't possibly get anything good from a fiddly USB.

Keep the forums clean: use "Thanks" button instead of the thank you post.

thanks for the advises but Android called me.. I answered..
(samsung galaxy s)

Originally Posted by etuoyo View Post
Not sure. Was under the impression the only way to fix a bricked N900 was to connect usb and run flasher. Would love to be proven wrong though.
Can anybody please prove him wrong? :P
My usb port is not even attached to my N900... I fear the day I will accidently brick my device... right now, im just hoping i can last until the N9 comes out lol.

Originally Posted by altorn View Post
thanks for the advises but Android called me.. I answered..
(samsung galaxy s)
I can't understand why anyone would want a samsung galaxy when they can get a N8. But maybe that is just me. Besides, you can also insure your phone, and for a relatively smallish fee you will get a brand new one, if your store refuses to give you a new one (for some odd reason).