Posts: 3,811 | Thanked: 1,151 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ East Lansing, MI
I don't think this trick has been mentioned before but here is the easiest way to right click on the screen.

All you need is Xbindkeys and Xmodmap.

This is what your /home/user/.xbindkeysrc script should simply look like:

"xmodmap -e "pointer = 3 2 1""
Return

"xmodmap -e "pointer = 1 2 3""
Return + Release

When you hold the Center D-Pad, or whatever key you decide, and tap on the screen, it will be a right click.

When you let go or anything else, it will always be a left click.

There's a new build of Scumm available that supports some more great old games.

http://forums.scummvm.org/viewtopic....er=asc&start=0

The Following User Says Thank You to Addison For This Useful Post:
Posts: 78 | Thanked: 109 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Washington State
I got the Pandora client "pianobar" ported to my N810. Had it working, then they broke it by requiring AAC (and pianobar uses libfaad2, not in the dev repositories). Just today I extracted the optimised libfaad2 buried within the mplayer port, and have pianobar running with both AAC and MP3 support!

Gotta love this little tablet...
Andy

The Following User Says Thank You to vandys For This Useful Post:
^ Could you please post your files?

I thought Maemo 4 lost Pandora support almost like a year ago and I've been missing it ever since.

Posts: 1,048 | Thanked: 1,127 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Amsterdam
Originally Posted by Johnnie Price View Post
Gene Cash's PIM Apps: Calendar, Checkbook, To Do and Database applications. Most people seem to prefer GPE or Seqretary for their calendars for the Home Screen applets. What I like about this calendar is that it automatically opens every night at Midnight, so 1st thing in the morning I can see what needs to be done that day and for the next 3 weeks. The checkbook is THE killer app for me; I can balance all of my accounts on the N810 and have for the past year and a half. These apps do have a bit of a learning curve, especially the checkbook app, but I feel it is well worth the investment of time for the utility they offer.
There's no chance running this on the N9/XX, let alone a hildonized version, is there?

Originally Posted by Addison View Post

I thought Maemo 4 lost Pandora support almost like a year ago and I've been missing it ever since.
Happy to supply my files, but it uses quite a number of libraries:

libao.so.4
libpthread.so.0
libm.so.6
libmad.so.0
libgnutls.so.26
libgcrypt.so.11
libjson.so.0
libc.so.6

Looks like the gcrypt, gnutls, libao, and json ones are needed.
I can't remember if/what these libraries themselves need. If I
dump the libraries and pianobar executable in a tar would you
be interested in running it? Note I never touch the installed system,
instead put new libraries in /usr/local/lib and use LD_LIBRARY_PATH to have them honored by ld.so.

And, of course, you're quite welcome to any and all source.

Andy

Hmmm, thought I replied to this but I don't see it on the boards. Apologies if this is a dup.

There's a fair number of files involved, including libraries for gnutls, json, gcrypt, and ao (libfaad2 is statically linked in). I can tar them up but you'll need some CLI skills to put things in the right place. Personally, I never touch the system directories, instead I keep /usr/local on the SD card and put stuff down there, then use LD_LIBRARY_PATH to involve my local libraries when needed.

Let me know...
Andy

I'm not sure what CLI skills means but I would imagine that I don't have very much or even any of them.

I do boot from SD card though so maybe there's a chance I could get this to work as well.

Cheers.

I do boot from SD card though so maybe there's a chance I could get this to work as well.
Cheers.
Well, there's hopefully no harm in trying, although I'm not providing any guarantees. Given that, you can find what should be the needed collection of files at:

http://www.vsta.org/andy/pickup/n810_pianobar.tar.gz

This tar archive expects to be extracted in /, and puts things in /usr/local/lib, /usr/local/bin, and /home/user. The file for /home/user is the .libao config file to tell libao to use ESD for sound. "pianobar" and "llib" are in /usr/local/bin, and you're expected to start pianobar as "llib pianobar", which will include /usr/local/lib in the library search path.

I hope it works for you! I am certainly enjoying having my Pandora One subscription available on my n810.

Andy

Heya Andy.

I'm not quite sure what I've done wrong here.

[1|user@Nokia-N800-43-7|/usr/local/bin]./llib pianobar
./llib: line 9: pianobar: not found
[1|user@Nokia-N800-43-7|/usr/local/bin]ls
llib pianobar

The only thing I did was make llib and pianobar executable.

If I try to launch this as root, I then get the following error.

[1|root@Nokia-N800-43-7|/usr/local/bin]./llib pianobar
pianobar: error while loading shared libraries: libao.so.4: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Do I have all of my permissions set wrongly?

Also, does Vagalume still work for anyone here?

Mine seems to have stopped working several days ago.