Notices

Posts: 132 | Thanked: 98 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ New Jersey
I'm curious if we could get an app that allows you to view Xbox Live status and Gamercards similar to the apps 1337pwn has made for Android and iPhone. Take a look at the apps here. I'm no programming whiz(although I'd like to be), so I'm not sure how they are even capable of doing this. You can simply add a Gamertag to your friends list and it captures their Avatar, Gamerscore, Last Played Games, and Online Status(here's a video of the UI). I'm not looking for anything THAT intricate it could honestly be great if it were like the Android app(review here)

I'm actually surprised that there hasn't been a request sooner(although there were request for XBL Chat, which I find no use in). If I can be of any help to a dev or someone willing to take a shot at it, I'm here for you. I have the 1337pwn program on my Android phone, so I'm going to inspect it to see exactly what they're using to view the info(because you don't even have to login to see gamers info). I rooted my Android device, so I could backup my apps, so I may be able to look at it under the Android SDK and possibly pull parts from it to use towards our port. If someone picks this up, I'd definitely consider contacting 1337pwn.com for their consent to make it an official app or something, but as of right now, I just wanted this to be a potential community project.

Check out:
pyRadio-A Pandora Client

I didn't know those existed. I thought that was going to be Microsoft's angle with WinMo 7.

The information, adding friends, and maybe sending messages are from the xbox.com website. I believe most tools and websites scrape from there. That or Microsoft provides an API.

Microsoft's angle is going be integration of games (e.g. their arcade titles) or being able to watch Hulu, Netflix, etc..

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Laughing Man For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Laughing Man View Post

Microsoft's angle is going be integration of games (e.g. their arcade titles) or being able to watch Hulu, Netflix, etc..
Oh...that I didn't know. I thought it was just a social network thing. Having arcade games on the phone and syncing highscores/achievements with the console would be awesome. Microsoft might be on to something here.

Sorry for going off topic.

Are those apps in the OP free? If yes, we could make a request or ask them to share the code

Originally Posted by nosa101 View Post
Are those apps in the OP free? If yes, we could make a request or ask them to share the code
1337pwn doesn't charge for their App on any of their supported OS's(they also have a WebOS app), nor are they ad-supported. These have existed for a while now and 1337pwn isn't the only one with an app like this, there's also Spark, GameOn, and others. All of these programs mentioned are free.

If they did share the code, do you think it would be easy to port iPhone or Android apps over to Maemo considering they're so different?

*FYI there's also PS3 equivalents to these, I'm just not a PS3 owner.

Check out:
pyRadio-A Pandora Client

Originally Posted by The Arsonist View Post

If they did share the code, do you think it would be easy to port iPhone or Android apps over to Maemo considering they're so different?

If it is written in something like C++, someone with a lot more ambition and talent than I have could port it.

The Following User Says Thank You to nosa101 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by nosa101 View Post
If it is written in something like C++, someone with a lot more ambition and talent than I have could port it.
So how would I find out the language its written in exactly?

Check out:
pyRadio-A Pandora Client

Originally Posted by The Arsonist View Post
So how would I find out the language its written in exactly?
You could ask the developer

I contacted 1337pwn, so hopefully they'll get back to me soon. If they don't agree, I'll hit up some of the other apps out there.

I definitely encourage everyone to look at the links I posted and to also contact the devs as well. You may know how to talk to them better than myself...

Check out:
pyRadio-A Pandora Client