Posts: 1,994 | Thanked: 3,342 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ N900: Battery low. N950: torx 4 re-used once and fine; SIM port torn apart
It looks like any other start-up. Only, they use Indiegogo instead of Kickstarter. They have been mentioned by CNET. http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/wa...e?browse_v=new
They have their own website. An account on Facebook. And they are surprisingly confident that they will get both money from customers and hardware from manufacturers.
Who Backs Them Up? They are trying to be more famous than Jolla, or what?
Well, let's hope Jolla releases their phone at least a year earlier than Emopulse releases their watch. Otherwise, Jolla phone might be ridiculed as out-of-date.
Best wishes.

Posts: 179 | Thanked: 108 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Bangalore
Originally Posted by reinob View Post
And you live under a salt mine, I presume.
Not beenn living under a salt mine, no. but 5-6 of my friends and close family have been diagnosed with cancer in the past 3years, some of them passed away, the others I see suffering, its sad. I've not experiebced this before.
I dont see sparrows anymore, there used to be so many of them; I used to feed them rice grains. I'm not shouting, screaming or running away(where to?). keeps me wondering if its really worth it in the end.

Thats a completely different discussion tho.

So yes,
1. Microwaving my wrist is my concern.
2. I hope the designers have considered the heating problem and how it will affect the user Much more than a conventional phone.

I'm gonna remain skeptical.

Last edited by danested; 2013-06-22 at 09:48.

The Following User Says Thank You to danested For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,994 | Thanked: 3,342 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ N900: Battery low. N950: torx 4 re-used once and fine; SIM port torn apart
Originally Posted by danested View Post
Not been living under a salt mine, no. but 5-6 of my friends and close family have been diagnosed with cancer in the past 3years, some of them passed away, the others I see suffering, its sad. I've not experienced this before.
I don't see sparrows anymore, there used to be so many of them; I used to feed them rice grains. I'm not shouting, screaming or running away(where to?). keeps me wondering if its really worth it in the end.

That's a completely different discussion tho.

So yes,
1. Microwaving my wrist is my concern.
2. I hope the designers have considered the heating problem and how it will affect the user Much more than a conventional phone.

I'm gonna remain skeptical.
[off-topic]The city suffers significantly with dust pollution, hazardous waste disposal, and disorganised, unscientific waste retrievals. The IT hub is the most polluted area of the city.
About sparrows:
Then, on top of that, there was the bird cage! ...fascination... There is something about the first sight of living objects hurtling through air that is incomparably startling.
It's a quote from a science fiction story where the only birds seen by most humans are sparrows - inside a zoo. The population of Earth is eight billion.
[/off-topic]
Best wishes.

The Following User Says Thank You to Wikiwide For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,355 | Thanked: 5,249 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Barcelona
Also note flexible funding. If they fail (more like when they fail) they get to keep the money

The Following User Says Thank You to javispedro For This Useful Post: