Anyone know of an iGo tip that will work with the 770? The general Nokia tip A01 won't fit. I've emailed iGo and will update this thread with their response if I get one.

Originally Posted by anson
Anyone know of an iGo tip that will work with the 770? The general Nokia tip A01 won't fit. I've emailed iGo and will update this thread with their response if I get one.
I read a review of the nokia 6101, a newer phone, and they stated that it used a reduced size power adapter tip. I wonder if power supplies and adaptors for the 6101 and it's near clone the 6102 are compatible with the 770? If so, you could see if they have a tip for either of those phones - they may have the right tip but not even know it.

I'd like another ac adapter and I'm growing impatient, so I may go to my local cingular store and buy a 6102 ac adapter from them, assuming the voltage and current numbers match up of course.

Another way to do it is to purchase the CA-44: Charger Adaptor from Nokia which would allow you to use your existing iGo connector . I believe Nokia is now including it with new phones and it is listed on their website, but unfortunately shown as "coming soon" so not yet available as an accessory.

I brought a CA-44 on the high street here in the UK this lunchtime. Works perfectly, my 6630 charger now works for my 770! That's one less PSU to take when I travel!

Originally Posted by bowdie
I brought a CA-44 on the high street here in the UK this lunchtime. Works perfectly, my 6630 charger now works for my 770! That's one less PSU to take when I travel!
Where? If you don't mind me asking. Carphone Warehouse hadn't heard of them...

In "Intek" in Cheltenham. He had a whole peg of them. 9quid.

Originally Posted by bowdie
In "Intek" in Cheltenham. He had a whole peg of them. 9quid.
Ta. Closest one's in Finchley I'll have to have a poke around in town tomorrow (I'm in SE London)

ok, if you don't have any luck, let me know, I'm sure I can jump into town and grab you one.

Originally Posted by waddell
I read a review of the nokia 6101, a newer phone, and they stated that it used a reduced size power adapter tip. I wonder if power supplies and adaptors for the 6101 and it's near clone the 6102 are compatible with the 770?
the power adapter for 6101 works with 770. propably the one for 6102 as well, though i can't be sure 'cause i've never tried that one.

Maybe with the CA-44 adapter, which I didn't know existed until now, so thanks for that! Hope it is available over here in the US. According to iGo's web site, the 6101 and 6630 work with A01, so if the adapter is working for bowdie, then it should work with the A01 tip. Haven't heard back from iGo yet, but I'm willing to try CA-44.