Quick update: If you surf to nokiausa.com and view Chargers and Stands, the list contains the CA-44 where it explicitly mentions that it is compatible with the 770.

And actually, the itT accessory guide mentions the CA-44, too. I haven't been paying attention.

Posts: 185 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Dec 2005 @ Texas
I went into a local T-Mobile store the other day and bought a Nokia DC-4 (for model 6101 phone) cigarette lighter cord...charges the 770 perfectly, and it obviously has the newer style mini plug...ran about $25

Also, I bought one of those adapters that converts a cig. lighter cord to a two-prong 110 plug...works perfect with the DC-4, so now I can use the same extra charger in the car and at my office...$3 at the dollar store...

This might be a good solution for some of you...you may be able to find the charger at a Cingular store, also...

Hope this helps!

Originally Posted by bowdie
ok, if you don't have any luck, let me know, I'm sure I can jump into town and grab you one.
Thanks for the offer, I'll let you know.

I bought the the CA-44: Charger Adaptor with my 770. Put I find that the male plug of the adaptor doesn't stay as good as the the male plug of the ac adaptor charger in the 770. It keeps going away at any move of the 770.
Does any one else have the same problem ?

As an update to this, it seems Orange stores in the UK now carry this as a standard part.

Posts: 1,463 | Thanked: 81 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ UK
Originally Posted by bowdie
As an update to this, it seems Orange stores in the UK now carry this as a standard part.
Excellent. The Link near Tower 42 in central London doesn't stock them, but finding an Orange store should be straightforward.

Cheers,

Andrew

Go to CompUSA

You mean the CA-44 adapter? I couldn't find it on the compusa website but if they have them in store, that's good.

Posts: 50 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Dec 2005 @ Chicago, IL
There is now an iGo tip that will fit the 770. I picked it up at Radio Shack yesterday. It's tip number A69.