Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 89 | Thanked: 84 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Finland
Thank you for your kind words. Will at least polish things up when I have the time. Have been a busy fall, but I hope I'll get something done in December. There will be some changes, font to Ubuntu's, lockscreen and probably some bg's too. But unfortunately I don't have time right now.

But feel free to use my work and modify it if you want.

Cheers my peers!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to daddeddad For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by daddeddad View Post
Thank you for your kind words. Will at least polish things up when I have the time. Have been a busy fall, but I hope I'll get something done in December. There will be some changes, font to Ubuntu's, lockscreen and probably some bg's too. But unfortunately I don't have time right now.

But feel free to use my work and modify it if you want.

Cheers my peers!
thats the font ive been using since the latest ubuntu release. looks great on the device.

Posts: 1,751 | Thanked: 844 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Sweden
It's a lot easier than you think to upload to the repo... i had D-iivil helping me out on that. Go and make a user on http://garage.maemo.org.. then do a request https://garage.maemo.org/extras-assi...tation_request

If you are running Ubuntu it will be easy to build a package.. The folder structure must be the same as on the device.

And then just cd to the folder and:
sudo dpkg-buildpackage -sn -S

It's little more than this.. but just to show you little. Great Theme by the way. It goes fairly well with my icon-theme.. just some small changes like active text color (thank god for Theme Customizer). One thing though... my calendar got a "3d" like text. How do i change that back to normal?

Make your desktop look awesome - use the AwOken Theme with the AwOken Icon Theme.

Add me on twitter @almehdin
Visit the swedish maemo/meego community forums

Posts: 2,154 | Thanked: 2,186 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Hellsinki, Finland
Lol
Chucknorris @ gtkrc -file :P

80's style stadium rock is back - FIRENOTE
Hi-Octane heavy metal - FORCE MAJEURE

The Following User Says Thank You to d-iivil For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by d-iivil View Post
Lol
Chucknorris @ gtkrc -file :P
Well of course

Make your desktop look awesome - use the AwOken Theme with the AwOken Icon Theme.

Posts: 223 | Thanked: 135 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Wish I was in Greece
Great, great theme! Amazing work really. I only have one small problem and was wondering if any one else has this. The contact shortcuts show up w/out a photo. Tried rebooting and switched themes just to make sure it's not a general issue, but unfortunately it is isolated with this theme. Any thoughts/suggestions are welcomed.

Thanks again for sharing though!
Attached Images

Posts: 2,154 | Thanked: 2,186 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Hellsinki, Finland
Originally Posted by Parlapipas View Post
Great, great theme! Amazing work really. I only have one small problem and was wondering if any one else has this. The contact shortcuts show up w/out a photo. Tried rebooting and switched themes just to make sure it's not a general issue, but unfortunately it is isolated with this theme. Any thoughts/suggestions are welcomed.

Thanks again for sharing though!
Seems like the "mask" image is fully transparent or missing completely from /images -folder of the theme.

Edit: file is called "ContactsAppletMask.png" and it's indeed missing. Copy the image from NSeries's or Digital Life's images -folder and you're good to go

80's style stadium rock is back - FIRENOTE
Hi-Octane heavy metal - FORCE MAJEURE

Last edited by d-iivil; 2010-11-25 at 01:08.

The Following User Says Thank You to d-iivil For This Useful Post:
Posts: 223 | Thanked: 135 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Wish I was in Greece
Originally Posted by d-iivil View Post
Seems like the "mask" image is fully transparent or missing completely from /images -folder of the theme.

Edit: file is called "ContactsAppletMask.png" and it's indeed missing. Copy the image from NSeries's or Digital Life's images -folder and you're good to go
Thanks for the tip d-iivil. I'll give it a shot when I get home and update this post. Really appreciate your responsiveness to all matters addressed.

Edit: Thanks buddy. That did the trick

Edit #2: D it works great if you use the theme as is. As soon as I use Theme Customizer on it (version 59), it makes the fonts extremely small and then when i open my settings, i can't do anything. If i click to any part of my settings it just highlights my selection and is unresponsive. Only way is to delete the theme folder and do everything from scratch again.

Last edited by Parlapipas; 2010-11-25 at 08:04.

Posts: 89 | Thanked: 84 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Finland
Originally Posted by Parlapipas View Post
Thanks for the tip d-iivil. I'll give it a shot when I get home and update this post. Really appreciate your responsiveness to all matters addressed.

Edit: Thanks buddy. That did the trick

Edit #2: D it works great if you use the theme as is. As soon as I use Theme Customizer on it (version 59), it makes the fonts extremely small and then when i open my settings, i can't do anything. If i click to any part of my settings it just highlights my selection and is unresponsive. Only way is to delete the theme folder and do everything from scratch again.
Yes, there are many pieces left on this theme. Most will be added. Before it gets the "base" ready it won't go to the reps, mostly so that novices don't mess things up. Because some pieces are missing it can really mess things up, eg. localization-settings..

The shadowed text is used in a few places. I haven't looked at theme costomizers code. But my gtkrc is quite ChuckedNorrised so to say and I can do a not-so-bold guess that this is the reason why there are incompability-issues with the app.

My major problem with this theme is how inconsistently labels, list and buttons are used in different apps. Not to mention that third-party developers hard-code white font-colors everywhere. This has given me great problems, and the only way around that is to write app-specific rc-styles. Which then on the other hand will make the theme even more slow. And that is not feasible in any way...

Last edited by daddeddad; 2010-11-26 at 16:27.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to daddeddad For This Useful Post:
I am doing some minor modifications on your theme.. but fails to find the image for the curving above the radioactive icon. I want to improve/strengthen that corner. It looks now like if it has opacity. What is it's name?

Last edited by AlMehdi; 2010-11-26 at 11:06.