Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Side note... I wonder if Jolla is taken from Jorma Jaakko Ollila's name.

Just a random thought.

</speculation>

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
What I think is a bit fishy is that they are looking for people and hiring but isn't looking for investors or atleast have some inormation or phone number.

I really want to know who is pushing the money.
Since Nokia is rolling out the red carpet for them, it is somehow involved and will somehow benefit. This may actually be part of Plan B.

Originally Posted by geneven View Post
Since Nokia is rolling out the red carpet for them, it is somehow involved and will somehow benefit. This may actually be part of Plan B.
As others have said, I doubt it. That being said, Nokia was far from the only investor that was interested in MeeGo, and there are certainly many companies who don't necessarily want everything controlled by Apple, Google and Microsoft.

Originally Posted by mahead View Post
I think it's just normal message body text formatted in similar way than those thank you lists. However the font is larger and if somebody actually thanks Dave, the name won't be displayed in same context. This was the case in same previous post.

So it's just kind of clever trolling.
I think it is more subtle than adding the message "I am a jerk" to the end of each message, yet it makes the same point.

Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
It all sounds too good to be true, I really hope they're not getting ahead of themselves.
Two phones in space of year from now is reasonable (not in *this* year as some people understood that interview).

First phone to push out quickly to gain some shelf-space, liquidity, PR, etc.
Given their size I don't think this have to be enormous success.
50 thousands of simpler device (smartphone a la N9) should be enough to keep company going (even if not profitable - just to 'show promise' and get more financing).
It will give time to prepare more ambitious model (mobile computer a la N900) and start to work on second generation of consumer smartphone.

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
No

I think it is more subtle than adding the message "I am a jerk" to the end of each message, yet it makes the same point.
No

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Posts: 951 | Thanked: 2,344 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by vvaz View Post
Two phones in space of year from now is reasonable (not in *this* year as some people understood that interview).

First phone to push out quickly to gain some shelf-space, liquidity, PR, etc.
Given their size I don't think this have to be enormous success.
50 thousands of simpler device (smartphone a la N9) should be enough to keep company going (even if not profitable - just to 'show promise' and get more financing).
It will give time to prepare more ambitious model (mobile computer a la N900) and start to work on second generation of consumer smartphone.
That's the thing we are talking about people who for their living designed phones and software for over 10 years in what used to be biggest phone manufacturer.

So my guess is they know what their doing and what limitations are. BUT market is unpredictable they could gain huge success or go under quickly.

MeeGo community is quite big and i will definitely buy their phone, like i think many others will too

Originally Posted by TheLongshot View Post
As others have said, I doubt it. That being said, Nokia was far from the only investor that was interested in MeeGo, and there are certainly many companies who don't necessarily want everything controlled by Apple, Google and Microsoft.
How many companies would get a guarantee from Nokia that there wouldn't be legal problems with their using Meego? Usually companies don't issue such statements. Nokia is demonstrating that it is arm and arm with Jolla.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
What I think is a bit fishy is that they are looking for people and hiring but isn't looking for investors or atleast have some inormation or phone number.

I really want to know who is pushing the money.
Wow! You really think that VC's call to companies to give money? And even if they do, you think they have a hard time to get in touch with these guys?

Maybe, just maybe, Jolla has enough finances to go through this first phase (actually I think their CEO said this on some interview) and they'll be looking for investors when they have some actual work done and it's easier to land some real money to the company.

Tags
jolla, jolla on topic, jollamobile, meego, merproject, nokia, nokian9, professionals, speculations, tizenjolla