Posts: 1,310 | Thanked: 820 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Irving, TX
Originally Posted by konttori View Post
one solution to get the fullscreen keyboard to appear is to press two thumbs on the screen at the same time. (e.g. in notes)
Is that the much touted iCrap feature called "multitouch" that is now supported in OS2008?

in case the download site is still far too slow here is a link to a torrent of the n800 version of the 2008 OS originally posted by the peeps at tablet-guru.com http://www.mininova.org/tor/1051742 . If this is a redundant post, i do apologize. I just wasn't really in the mood to look through 190 posts to find out or not. Hopefully i'm not breaking any rules or anything by posting this, i'm just trying to alleviate the problem a bit.

Originally Posted by rcadden View Post
Repos won't load, apps that I had in my backup won't download. I've been trying to install Battlebegeweled for 30 minutes now, it's only a 268kb file for pete's sake!
If the repos won't load at first time or it takes long time, cancel it and try again to from following directory:
Application manager - menu > Tools > Restore applications

hi! about to get a Bluetooth headset now that it sounds like Skype works...anyone recommend one??...will Plantronics 510 work??...or should i stick to Nokia to be safe??....i'd like one that i can use on my PC as well as n800 and cell phone....i'd be adding bluetooth to the pc using a dongle by the way....gotta pull the trigger quick....Amazon prime time running out!!

If your application manager is bogging down, I'd suggest deleting all of your repositories and reloading them one at a time as you need them. Then you can pick and choose what apps you want to focus on.

Posts: 354 | Thanked: 93 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ New York
Originally Posted by jackass124 View Post
hi! about to get a Bluetooth headset now that it sounds like Skype works...anyone recommend one??...will Plantronics 510 work??...or should i stick to Nokia to be safe??....i'd like one that i can use on my PC as well as n800 and cell phone....i'd be adding bluetooth to the pc using a dongle by the way....gotta pull the trigger quick....Amazon prime time running out!!
Any Bluetooth headset should work at this point....that wasn't true prior to today, but looks like you should just buy whatever BT headset you wish.

I have two mono headsets that I used with DELL Pocket PCs and cellphones. I have the MOT. HS850 and IOGEAR BTHSBS01. They both work fine with the N800 now.

M5

Now that this OS seems to work decently, I will buy some flavor of stereo BT headphone.

Originally Posted by missaghi View Post
Thanks to xxM5xx

i got the bin file.

But what do i do with it?

I don't have a linux box handy (other than my n800) , is there anyway to install os2008 from windows, or without an external box?
Below is the Windows Update Tool

http://nds1.nokia.com/files/support/...ate_Wizard.exe

last chance for anyone who needs the Bin file:

http://www.pccorner.us/bbttcom/nokia_n800_12_18_2008/

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xxM5xx For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,669 | Thanked: 2,555 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
So ad2p works now without needing to install a janky set of programs and Kagu?

Success at upgrading using VM Fusion on Mac OS X. I wish Q would properly use the USB bus so I didn't have to pay for Fusion.