yes but however is better than whatsapp

The Following User Says Thank You to itdoesntmatt For This Useful Post:
at least it allows 3rd party clients to work, which is better than WA

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pagis For This Useful Post:
Posts: 738 | Thanked: 819 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Berlin
and dont forget .... telegram use us server... dont know why he do that

Posts: 307 | Thanked: 1,460 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Switzerland
Originally Posted by ZogG View Post
I just want to tell you that if privacy is important to you, should know that creator of Telegram is the same person that created VK which is russian analog of FB (which he btw sold out).
And that if yo ucare about your data - it's not the best practice to use centralized server(not your server) based messaging.
You mean VK was seized from him after he refused to let Putin spy on everyone, and he's now living in exile?

The Following User Says Thank You to billranton For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,389 | Thanked: 1,857 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Israel
Originally Posted by billranton View Post
You mean VK was seized from him after he refused to let Putin spy on everyone, and he's now living in exile?
By seized you mean that he sold it for a lot of $$$?
And if he would be in exile what exactly stopped him to move it to other country where no one would be able to control it, same as any other project that was closed in russia and registered abroad to keep living.
Or you think he is a good guy and he made free social network and did not use user information as source of income?

if someone has your data and can use it as he wants - there are no good or bad guys, just those that have your private info they can use as they desire

Edit:
I'm not saying not to use whatsapp or telegram. I actually use the first one. I'm just telling that people should stop lying about privacy if they use any of those and there is no "less evil" thing.
If you care you can check TOX or other decentralized project.

From what I heard, the board suddenly removed him from his position when he refused to comply. He lost control of vk and was replaced by some friend of Putin.

The Following User Says Thank You to billranton For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,389 | Thanked: 1,857 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Israel
Originally Posted by billranton View Post
From what I heard, the board suddenly removed him from his position when he refused to comply. He lost control of vk and was replaced by some friend of Putin.
He sold his % for some money

Originally Posted by ZogG View Post
He sold his % for some money
After he'd been fired, and had no further role or control of the company.

Posts: 11 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Jan 2016 @ Germany
It is very astonishing, how fast the question "Are there News about new Version of Sailorgram" leads into the discussion about the trustworthiness of telegram and its owner. As far as i can tell telegram is better than whatsapp, due to their permission to biuld 3rd party clients. I'm not saying, nor am I thinking, that telegram is the best option for secure IM, but it is the best option for me and the better option compared to WA, because people in my contactlist, who are not into the PC-Stuff and such things can use it like WA and Sailorgram is not under pressure from the company of its service like WU is from FB.

We know, there are better ways for secure IM, but, like some other user of this forum put it (can't remember who exactly), 100% security in a comfortably usable way is not possible, so that the lazy DAU can also us it ...

So let's end the discussion about the security of telegram and come back to my question, when a Update of Sailorgram is expected.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to NASDAQ For This Useful Post:
Posts: 52 | Thanked: 143 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ Rome, Italy
After the last update, the developer has been releasing some betas on the Telegram group (which makes sense) so, albeit there's no ETA, Dax is actively working on it.

Last edited by fravaccaro; 2016-01-25 at 12:55.

Tags
soviet spyware