Posts: 1,503 | Thanked: 2,688 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Denmark
Originally Posted by droitwichgas View Post
Still 15m people who must like it!
Sorry to play the Sheep/herder card.....

But i will admit if you just want a plate that can show you whats on the telly tonight and do a bit of surfing than it's just peachy.
EXPENSIVE but peachy

Posts: 3,524 | Thanked: 2,958 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Delta Quadrant
But you would be sick as a pig if you'd just bought one when the new iPad2's got double the power, 9x graphics, front & rear camera's, allowing Facetime, plus HD and is now thinner than an iPhone 4!

You can't knock the progress that Apple have made between ipad 1 & 2. It will be interesting to see if the iPhone 5 makes anything like a similar leap in progress.
There is 'progress' but relatively little forward facing innovation. It's not really a big difference from the last iPad in terms of features/functionality, and certainly nothing that hasn't been done before on a smartphone or competitor tablets.

The Following User Says Thank You to Capt'n Corrupt For This Useful Post:
Here are some iPad videos for you to enjoy:
http://www.engadget.com/2011/03/02/i...irst-hands-on/

The 3G version supports GSM and CDMA. I'm guessing this will trickle down to the iPhone 5. What's weird is, supposedly the Verizon iPhone 4 isn't getting iOS 4.3, while the AT&T iPhone 4 is. Maybe they'll only be one hardware version of the iPhone 5 and thus no fragmentation.

Posts: 295 | Thanked: 73 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Manchester, UK
I love Apple's approach to innovation...most of those features should have come as standard in the orginal Ipad (e.g facetime).

Posts: 909 | Thanked: 216 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Bremen, Germany
why buy that now?
just wait another 6 month and we'll get the ipad 3, i guess.

besides that, i dont know what all this tablet-fuzz is about. this form-factor just seems useless to me.
its too large to be a phone, but also fails as a proper netbook.

but obviously its just me, since 15mio people bought the original ipad

Last edited by msa; 2011-03-03 at 14:38.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to msa For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,062 | Thanked: 961 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Boston, MA
yawn.... next

Sick of your cell signal not reconnecting after coming out of a bad signal area? Vote for this bug.

iPAD 2

- no flash
- no browser tab
- no scrollable view of homescreen, no widgets, shortcuts...
- no usb, DSCARD, hdmi
- lower res screen and screen size is not native to watch HD video
- no 4G
- no Google map and Youtube dedicated app

iPad 2 <---loser

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to romanianusa For This Useful Post:
I am curious to get some idea of the performance of the A5.

I am somewhat disappointed with this release. While the thinness is very nice, the rest of the specs are rather disappointing. Perhaps my expectations were too high.

I sincerely doubt that Apple will have the highest spec'd tablet, or even the nicest design this round. Though, I have no doubt that they will sell a ton!

But you would be sick as a pig if you'd just bought one when the new iPad2's got double the power, 9x graphics, front & rear camera's, allowing Facetime, plus HD and is now thinner than an iPhone 4!

You can't knock the progress that Apple have made between ipad 1 & 2. It will be interesting to see if the iPhone 5 makes anything like a similar leap in progress.
It depends of the user. For example all I do on mine is surf the web, take it to class since my schoolbooks are on it and play the iPhone games I bought when I still had an iPhone, for serious gaming I have a wii(), a ps3, a ds, a psp and of course my gaming laptop. So the additional graphic power is lost on me since I don't use my iPad for gaming. I'm planning to get GarageBand and that's the only thing that might task the CPU but even there I'm pretty sure that it won't be a problem.

Tags
apple, xoom > ipad2