If you can travel back in time (Terminator style) with only a backpack ... what would you bring and what would you change??

I personally would travel not too distant in the past, maybe 2006 and my list of items would include:
-a winning lottery ticket for a LARGE European Lottery
-N900 (fyea), N9, E7 and N950 (if I've figured how to go back, I can probably figure how to get one before I go)
-iPhone 4, RAZR, NOTE, Droid3, Captivate Glide, EPIC 4G
-iPad2, RIM Playbook, ASUS Transformer, SGTab8.9
-A hard-drive full of sources for Mer/Maemo/MeeGo/Tizen, Qt/QML, Android 2.1/2.2/2.3/4.0
-A couple games MW2,3, apps, emulators, idTech4

I'd probably work for ASUS or SONY and use my forecast to help build an Android competitor...sorry NOKIA you've convinced me that your board is full of incompetent people

Last edited by Kangal; 2012-02-07 at 08:05.

Posts: 149 | Thanked: 22 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Slovenia, Ljubljana
I would bring back N900 and N9 and gave to nokia to learn from them
So we would never had symbian and windows phone

Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
Go back to see my younger self. Give him the sports almanac. Tell him not to bother with any mcflys.
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

^ Classic ysss!

(but your plan wouldn't work, as soon as you win the first betting you would have changed history forming an alternate universe, so the chances of the next races would change with the natures laws deeming the almanac useless)

Posts: 915 | Thanked: 3,209 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Germany
Originally Posted by Kangal View Post
If you can travel back in time (Terminator style) with only a backpack ...
You do know that in terminator style time travel you can't bring a backpack? Everything has to me covered by living organic material.
In other words bringing all this stuff to the past might become pretty... umm... "tight" :
-a winning lottery ticket for a LARGE European Lottery
-N900 (fyea), N9, E7 and N950 (if I've figured how to go back, I can probably figure how to get one before I go)
-iPhone 4, RAZR, NOTE, Droid3, Captivate Glide, EPIC 4G
-iPad2, RIM Playbook, ASUS Transformer, SGTab8.9
-A hard-drive full of sources for Mer/Maemo/MeeGo/Tizen, Qt/QML, Android 2.1/2.2/2.3/4.0
-A couple games MW2,3, apps, emulators, idTech4

Haha *tight* so true. Well okay lets say you can travel back "somehow" and you can bring a backpack...what would you have in it?

Would you try to change the mobile device industry, and how?

Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
Would you try to change the mobile device industry, and how?
Assassinate Steve Jobs.

My website

GitHub

Well I have actually travelled back in time, and yes I did try to change the mobile world but it did not work out

I gave the Nokia devs a bunch of iPhones who made a list of patents as long as your arm, but nokia being nokia did bugger all with them and Apple released their phone. It all turned into 1 big patent war between Apple and Nokia and you all know the end of that story.

Tags
apple, killed, meego, time travel, where is your