Posts: 519 | Thanked: 366 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ North Carolina (Formerly Denmark and Iceland)
Iīve been trying to figure out whatīs to like on iPad2 for the last two weeks, but I donīt get it. I donīt know what "awesomeness" 12 million people have seen that Iīm missing.

Ok hereīs the good things:
- Itīs thin
- Itīs got a large screen
- Itīs not heavy
- Iīm happy with battery life

Hereīs the not so good things:
- Appleīs proprietary connector
- Only being aple to sync through itunes
- Bluetooth is crippled so neither my Lenovo Thinkpad nor my N900 can communicate with this thing
- 98% of the, non preinstalled, Apps Iīve tried suck. The one that doesnīt is Amazonīs Kindle. Many of the apps use iPhone resolution and are hence tiny on the middle of the screen with limited usability. The webbrowser on the N900 is more useful.
- The layout of the virtual keyboard is odd and not good for fast typing. Why on earth do I need to hold down "the most closely related letter" of the english alphabet to get accented characters or letters used in other languages?

Iīm really, really hoping TabCo is Nokia. This iPad is disappointing. Essentially all I want is a N900 with a 7-10" screen. Perfect.

I think everyone has pretty much established that a giant iPod, opens up a whole new set of software possibilities. Better e-mail, more powerful apps, a more desktop like feel, amazing touch UI, advanced apps, better browsing are just a few in the long list...

Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
Originally Posted by lionkingZ View Post
I think everyone has pretty much established that a giant iPod, opens up a whole new set of software possibilities. Better e-mail, more powerful apps, a more desktop like feel, amazing touch UI, advanced apps, better browsing are just a few in the long list...
This is actually the thought process of someone who gets too deep into a technical oriented field and forgets about the real world.

Yep, I can say that cause I used to be like that.

Form factors matter, yo.
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

Originally Posted by olighak View Post
Iīve been trying to figure out whatīs to like on iPad2 for the last two weeks, but I donīt get it.
http://www.apple.com/ipad/from-the-a...arageband.html

Tags
apple, xoom > ipad2