Posts: 300 | Thanked: 962 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ USA
Originally Posted by abyzthomas View Post
Set it to not download mms automatically and switch to 3g/2g and download the mms. It works most of the time. It does not work on 4g
Thanks for the tip, I'll give that a go. It's a minor inconvenience and not really a deal breaker for me. Still kind of annoying though. Anyone else have any experience in making this work more consistently?

The Following User Says Thank You to deprecated For This Useful Post:
Can anyone explain how to do a local backup of contacts, calendar etc on nexus 5?

I am perfectly fine with using ssh/rsync for backing up .vault to pc, but if I understand correctly you need to create a backup from settings->backup->create before the backup is stored in .vault. Correct?

The problem is that the backup menu requires either a SD card or a cloud storage provider to be able to create a backup. I am not a big fan of cloud storage so using dropbox or onedrive is not an option and since the nexus 5 doesn't have a SD card slot I am out of options for creating the backup.

I guess it would be possible to backup $HOME, but I would prefer a specific backup file which can be used to restore from the menu.

Edit: Using SFOS 2.0.4.13

The Following User Says Thank You to tealc For This Useful Post:
Posts: 97 | Thanked: 318 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Switzerland
Originally Posted by tealc View Post
Can anyone explain how to do a local backup of contacts, calendar etc on nexus 5?
I refer to this post, I made some time ago, where I described my way to do backup/restore. http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=238

For Contacts/Calendar
Code:
devel-su pkcon install nemo-qml-plugin-contacts-qt5-tools
devel-su -p vcardconverter --export contacts.vcf
Code:
pkcon install nemo-qml-plugin-calendar-qt5-tools
devel-su -p icalconverter export calendar.ics

In general I recommend using and following 'the other' Nexus 5 thread... http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=96932

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to minimec For This Useful Post:
Posts: 411 | Thanked: 1,105 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Europe
Originally Posted by tealc View Post

I am perfectly fine with using ssh/rsync for backing up .vault to pc, but if I understand correctly you need to create a backup from settings->backup->create before the backup is stored in .vault. Correct?

The problem is that the backup menu requires either a SD card or a cloud storage provider to be able to create a backup. I am not a big fan of cloud storage so using dropbox or onedrive is not an option and since the nexus 5 doesn't have a SD card slot I am out of options for creating the backup.

I guess it would be possible to backup $HOME, but I would prefer a specific backup file which can be used to restore from the menu.

Edit: Using SFOS 2.0.4.13
minimec's methdod is the only solution for now, don't know how we can emulate an sd card. you can do complete sfos backups using multirom and tar or copy commands.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BluesLee For This Useful Post:
Posts: 635 | Thanked: 1,535 times | Joined on Feb 2014 @ Germany
Wouldn't it be possible to change the mount scripts of the SDcard to mount an USB stick instead?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mautz For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mautz View Post
Wouldn't it be possible to change the mount scripts of the SDcard to mount an USB stick instead?
This is already done by kimmoli, called 'USBStick utils' on openrepos. Personally i have big issues as usb sticks directly freeze my Nexus 5 and i have to connect to a charger, otherwise i can't reboot. This issue is not related to the os.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BluesLee For This Useful Post:
Ah, i'll give it a try. Thanks for the tip!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mautz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 387 | Thanked: 707 times | Joined on May 2015 @ Italy
Originally Posted by BluesLee View Post
This is already done by kimmoli, called 'USBStick utils' on openrepos. Personally i have big issues as usb sticks directly freeze my Nexus 5 and i have to connect to a charger, otherwise i can't reboot. This issue is not related to the os.
I tried to install it, but if i plug in an usb stick with the cable adapter nothing happens. Sailfish 2.0.1.1 over CM 12.
Hints?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to claustn For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by claustn View Post
I tried to install it, but if i plug in an usb stick with the cable adapter nothing happens. Sailfish 2.0.1.1 over CM 12.
Hints?
What should happen? If i remember correctly, you could choose the usb stick from filemanager etc or directly cd to the mountpoint.

The Following User Says Thank You to BluesLee For This Useful Post:
The stick gets mounted in the /media directory.

The Following User Says Thank You to mautz For This Useful Post: