Active Topics

You do realize that most of the Jolla C buyers probably have not even received their device yet so it may be better to wait with this poll until they have.

I am still waiting for my device, but based on the info provided here regarding the protective film I think that I want to replace it with something better. I do however have no clue what to replace it with so if someone with better knowledge than me can explain the difference between materials mentioned above it would be much appreciated.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tealc For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
It's not ment as a poll but a call for estimate from those happy ~10 owners here if the whole operation is even necessary, so we can save some time and react quick once we have the C in or hands

Last edited by mosen; 2016-07-08 at 13:46.

The Following User Says Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
I do not and never will have a Jolla C but I have a Jolla A with the cheapest screen protector I could find. Something like £1.49 for a pack of 6 delivered. The reason I mention it here is that the plastic film also felt unnatural on the first use compared to the naked glass. There was a noticeable resistance to dragging your finger over it. But it somehow smoothed out after a few months and now I can no longer feel the difference. Perhaps it might be worth waiting to see how the pre-installed Jolla C protector feels after some use before rushing in and investing in some posh solution. That's what I would do but then, I am a cheapsake.

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,478 | Thanked: 9,871 times | Joined on Dec 2008 @ Shanghai / London
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
Jolla A.
I would hope Jolla G would come out one day and means at least they can put some branded glass on it.

And maybe a Jolla M for Maemian, Madness… and Jolla P as premium (Pichlo).

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to chenliangchen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 752 | Thanked: 2,808 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Czech Republic
Yay!

I just received an e-mail (+SMS) from my local FedEx about the Jolla C shipment!

EDIT: From the FedEx tracking page, it looks like it has just been picked up in HK and the estimated delivery date is the 21st of July.

EDIT 2: Just for reference, according to the May confirmation e-mail by Jolla, my order was "placed on May 26, 2016 1:41:38 PM EEST". I am not sure if they ship it in purchase order, but my purchase time is pretty close to the one in this TJC thread (only 12 seconds apart ).

Last edited by nodevel; 2016-07-14 at 18:48.

The Following 21 Users Say Thank You to nodevel For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by lantern View Post
Did anybody test it with make -j4 on jolla kernel, for example, at least, to claim so?
Make on j1 vs jC - j1 finished 75sec sooner. Make -j2 on j1 vs -j4 on jC - jC finished couple minutes quicker

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to szopin For This Useful Post:
So no worries, then.

szopin
Overall time?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lantern For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by lantern View Post
So no worries, then.

szopin
Overall time?
around 10-11 mins for make, 'jX' ~2.5/~5mins

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to szopin For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by nodevel View Post
Yay!

I just received an e-mail (+SMS) from my local FedEx about the Jolla C shipment!

EDIT: From the FedEx tracking page, it looks like it has just been picked up in HK and the estimated delivery date is the 21st of July.
I logged in to ask that has anyone heard anything about the shipment and here it is.
Thanks!

Now I just need to refresh email-account every 5min...

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to KylliOrvokki For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:

Tags
jolla c, sailfish os