Active Topics

Poll: Did you order a Jolla tablet?
Poll Options
Did you order a Jolla tablet?

Closed Thread
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by Reffyyyy View Post
Dave999 has boycotted every phone manufacturer and decided to start using TI Calculators as his main device
I'll admit... I lol'd.

Posts: 388 | Thanked: 1,340 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Finland
Originally Posted by Entry3 View Post
Well, with ~600 Tablets out there we will see at least how they manage their update process, because if it really works like they are promising it shouldn't be a problem.
Plus the developer tablets for selected people.

If there will be only so little tablets out - is it worthwhile to maintain a special flavour of SF OS for them, taking into account the differences in the OS due to the different chipset?

Posts: 1,671 | Thanked: 11,478 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Warsaw, Poland
Originally Posted by JoOppen View Post
If there will be only so little tablets out - is it worthwhile to maintain a special flavour of SF OS for them, taking into account the differences in the OS due to the different chipset?
The emulator in SDK uses same Sailfish OS.

If they never make another intel based device it probably won't be worth it. I would expect they at least do builds for the year though. AFter that, well maybe your tablet is stuck on a specific version or you have to turn to community ports for updates.

The people that get the tablet will probably be disappointed about lack of apps built for that architecture.

looks like i'll get a refund.

disappointed i'll get no tablet, would have been happy to get an intext phone in its place (i realise its not jolla's to give away).

If you would be given the option between getting the tablet or getting a refund, how would you choose?

Pros:
  • You get to be one of the "lucky ones" - a tablet owner

Cons:
  • Small user base -> Not so many apps are ported, but probably also lower priority on fixes from Jolla.
  • Tablet is x86 based while the phone is ARM -> Not so many apps are ported.
  • If tablets stops working -> spare parts?

Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Stskeeps has beaten me. Twice.

A different chipset just means a second pass through the builder. With automatic builds, that adds what, 30 minutes?

Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
Stskeeps has beaten me. Twice.

A different chipset just means a second pass through the builder. With automatic builds, that adds what, 30 minutes?
Yeah, works well Now, I just need testers *sad*

Posts: 388 | Thanked: 1,340 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Finland
Originally Posted by tealc View Post
If tablets stops working -> spare parts?
Likely Jolla will keep about 60 tablets as spare parts for handling warranty cases. 540 (90%) + 60 (10%) = 600 tablets.

Closed Thread

Tags
moral hazard, paypal refund