Active Topics

Posts: 58 | Thanked: 28 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ Buenos Aires, Argentina
Hi. Has anyone changed camera format from config on N5? In default format (untouch) its setting appears empty and works in 16:9. But if I choose 16:9 my camera freezes, not the app, just the stream. In the log I can see the following:

[D] QGstreamerVideoWindow::QGstreamerVideoWindow:72 - No m_videoSink available!
[W] CameraBinSession:rocessBusMessage:1027 - CameraBin error: "failed to negotiat
e caps"
[W] CameraBinSession:rocessBusMessage:1027 - CameraBin error: "The stream is in t
he wrong format."
[D] QGstreamerVideoWindow::QGstreamerVideoWindow:72 - No m_videoSink available!

In 4:3 works ok. But I cannot go back to default (or 16:9).

May be I could change this setting to default (empty) from the config file (don't know where they are).

Help would be appreciated!
Nokia 2160 > Nokia 5120 > Nokia 3595 > Nokia 3600 > Nokia 7710 > Nokia N95/N800 > Nokia N900 > Nokia N9 > LG Nexus 5 (Multirom: Sailfish/Cyanogenmod/MIUI) > Sony Xperia Z2 (MIUI) > Sony Xperia X (SailfishX)...but N900 still rockin'!!!

Any issues with tethering on Sailfish on Nexus?

Originally Posted by Manatus View Post

I had to ditch SailfishOS on Nexus 5 because I had too many problems caused by stuck sensors.

The screen would not blank during calls for instance, and I constantly dropped people to waiting line or closed calls with my cheek because of that.
I have limited knowledge of how libhybris works but if Sailfish is using the same drivers as android then couldn't this problem be related to this bug?
https://productforums.google.com/for...us/9HZHQJMrxF8

The Following User Says Thank You to tealc For This Useful Post:
Posts: 654 | Thanked: 2,368 times | Joined on Jul 2014 @ UK
Is double tap to unlock supposed to work on N5? Power button works for me but double tap doesn't.

Originally Posted by Feathers McGraw View Post
Is double tap to unlock supposed to work on N5? Power button works for me but double tap doesn't.
No, you can enable it in some custom kernels but due to the way the display is connected to the touch controller, it violently drains the battery if you turn it on.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to nh1402 For This Useful Post:
Hmmmmm I seem to do everything said in the Multirom rom installation guide, like having right files but all i see is a google screen for few minutes and a reboot when i try to boot Sailfish

Posts: 654 | Thanked: 2,368 times | Joined on Jul 2014 @ UK
Originally Posted by nh1402 View Post
No, you can enable it in some custom kernels but due to the way the display is connected to the touch controller, it violently drains the battery if you turn it on.
Thanks, I'm fine with using the power key if there's a reason not to use double tap, just wanted to know if it was to be expected or not!

Did you guys catch someone is working on running Android as an app in sailfish on Nexus 5?
* #Android as Sailfish OS app: https://twitter.com/sledgeSim/status/679647138305970177 with installation instructions on Nexus 5: http://piratepad.net/FtZYtm4tDY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--OtwvH4ARU

Posts: 602 | Thanked: 735 times | Joined on Mar 2011 @ Nantes, France
Originally Posted by Feathers McGraw View Post
Thanks, I'm fine with using the power key if there's a reason not to use double tap, just wanted to know if it was to be expected or not!
Indeed you can...almost. First, you must enable low power mode (I posted instructions in the first pages of this thread).

Once LPM is enabled, you can get your N5 out of your pocket, the screen in LPM gets activated and at that time, double tap will unlock the phone.

I use this everyday.

Last edited by romu; 2016-01-15 at 10:59.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to romu For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by salyavin View Post
Any issues with tethering on Sailfish on Nexus?
Yes. Tethering via wifi I can never find the network so have no idea if tethering actually works or not. Tried with several devices.

The only "work around" is to boot into Android and use that for wifi tethering. Which is not really a work around.

Never tired tethering via bluetooth or cable.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to oenone For This Useful Post: