Posts: 1,313 | Thanked: 2,977 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Finland
Originally Posted by caco3 View Post
But then I realized that Nokia doesn’t provide the necessary API required for the SleepAnalyser. I.e. There is no way to set an alarm from inside an Application.
There is a way to set alarms from application. ProfileMatic does it, you can check the sources. It's C++, but might be doable from Python too?

Posts: 560 | Thanked: 423 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Switzerland
Originally Posted by ajalkane View Post
There is a way to set alarms from application. ProfileMatic does it, you can check the sources. It's C++, but might be doable from Python too?
If it is possible with C++, then it should also be possible with Python.
I.eE. you could do a simple C++ application which gets called from SleepAnalyer.

How ever, I will not invest any more time into Harmattan.
I left the N950/N9 a while ago for a Blackberry Z10. It also has its missing points, but at least it gets actively developed.
The train for the N9 left too long ago to chump up again...
CacheMe 4 the N9, a geocaching client / MiniBible, a bible viewer / TheWord brings daily bible verses onto your phone / BatteryGraph to monitor the battery drainage / doublepress2unlock to unlock your phone with a double press onto the power button / GPRS Data Usage to monitor your GPRS data usage /
and more...

On N900 check out this: SleepAnalyser to analyse your sleep movements / PasswordMaker a for a password generator

Posts: 1,313 | Thanked: 2,977 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Finland
How ever, I will not invest any more time into Harmattan.
I left the N950/N9 a while ago for a Blackberry Z10. It also has its missing points, but at least it gets actively developed.
The train for the N9 left too long ago to chump up again...
Understandable. But if anyone wants to pickup the development for harmattan, there you have it - should be possible.

And since Sailfish has been mentioned in this topic, unfortunately in my understanding it seems unlikely this kind of application is possible with Sailfish currently.

Posts: 752 | Thanked: 2,808 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Czech Republic
The source is open, so who ever wants to give it a try, feel free...
Thank you for your work. I understand you have moved on.

May I ask you where the code is? The majority is in Python which I easily extracted from the deb package, but I found some mentions of C++ functions that are used for better efficiency...

I know where the original Maemo 5 code is, but couldn't find the source code of your port.

Posts: 560 | Thanked: 423 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Switzerland
The source of the N900 version is available in the SVN Repository of https://garage.maemo.org/projects/sleepanalyser/ (=> https://garage.maemo.org/scm/?group_id=1700 )
Almost everything is written in Python. There is one small part (also written in Python), which gets converted to C code and compiled with GCC due to performance reasons. See lib/mylib.py for more information.

Sleepanalyer for N9 never got beyond a non-working mockup version. I just updated the note on http://www.ruinelli.ch/harmattan/sleepanalyser and added the source code as is. Feel free to use it.
CacheMe 4 the N9, a geocaching client / MiniBible, a bible viewer / TheWord brings daily bible verses onto your phone / BatteryGraph to monitor the battery drainage / doublepress2unlock to unlock your phone with a double press onto the power button / GPRS Data Usage to monitor your GPRS data usage /
and more...

On N900 check out this: SleepAnalyser to analyse your sleep movements / PasswordMaker a for a password generator

Last edited by caco3; 2014-05-04 at 17:06.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to caco3 For This Useful Post: