Poll: Have you had charging or USB problems with your N900
Poll Options
Have you had charging or USB problems with your N900

Posts: 44 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Sweden
My usb port broke as well. But I got nothing to complain about since when I handed it in they looked at it and simply gave me a brand new phone (except for the battery) within 4 days. Being charged for nothing, they told me it was still on the 2-years warranty.

Thanks Nokia! :-)

Posts: 179 | Thanked: 86 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Barcelona
Originally Posted by Razumichin View Post
My usb port broke as well. But I got nothing to complain about since when I handed it in they looked at it and simply gave me a brand new phone (except for the battery) within 4 days. Being charged for nothing, they told me it was still on the 2-years warranty.

Thanks Nokia! :-)
You are a lucky man, I've been without my N900 for almost 6 weeks already :S

If I get no news from Nokia Care this week I'll start moaning really big 'cause I've given them more than enough time to repair the N900.

My current N900 was bought in november 2010 and the usb port started acting up last week. I am hoping for a quick fix as i turned it in at the shop a few days ago. They told me it would take a couple of weeks.

Fingers crossed.

Fond farewell from me to my N900 and Maemo.org...,and with out my permission.

Nokia just replaced my N900 with a shitty N8. Slower, less versatile OS, no keyboard, less storage, no resistive touch, lower resolution,and I've lost all my data.

We all know a replacement for a broken N900 should be the N950....

Last edited by khephren; 2011-08-18 at 11:51.

The Following User Says Thank You to khephren For This Useful Post:
nokia just replied to me
customer care ask me to pay 60E cost for repair despite the fact that my phone is under warranty.!!!
whats your opinion? what can i do? i don't want to pay for a faulty hardware.

Posts: 133 | Thanked: 140 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Bristol, UK
Another one bites the dust... my USB just fell out and I am as gutted as my phone. I have it insured so I will get on to them tomorrow - what next, I do not know. Not thrilled with the idea of an N8 or similar at all. Need to get a battery off someone so I can get hold of all my photos etc. as I have not transferred any for a while, although I did manage to shoot an email to myself with a BackUp file attached before the battery died though. Fingers crossed that a store round here still has an N900 in stock.

Banned | Posts: 3,412 | Thanked: 1,043 times | Joined on Feb 2010
Originally Posted by khephren View Post
Fond farewell from me to my N900 and Maemo.org...,and with out my permission.

Nokia just replaced my N900 with a shitty N8. Slower, less versatile OS, no keyboard, less storage, no resistive touch, lower resolution,and I've lost all my data.

We all know a replacement for a broken N900 should be the N950....
How can a 950 be a replacement for the 900? it is a developers only handset and is not for sale to the general public.

The only replacement for the N900 is the N900 !.

If you give up that easy then maybe your not destined to own one?.

Originally Posted by Hootenholler View Post
Another one bites the dust... my USB just fell out and I am as gutted as my phone. I have it insured so I will get on to them tomorrow - what next, I do not know. Not thrilled with the idea of an N8 or similar at all. Need to get a battery off someone so I can get hold of all my photos etc. as I have not transferred any for a while, although I did manage to shoot an email to myself with a BackUp file attached before the battery died though. Fingers crossed that a store round here still has an N900 in stock.
Repair it or get it repaired, you will not get a device like it for a long time thats for sure.

Some good threads on this community to get you through the repair.

Originally Posted by panatha13 View Post
nokia just replied to me
customer care ask me to pay 60E cost for repair despite the fact that my phone is under warranty.!!!
whats your opinion? what can i do? i don't want to pay for a faulty hardware.
Do you really need an answer to that ????.

Posts: 1,503 | Thanked: 2,688 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Denmark
Originally Posted by Hootenholler View Post
Another example of why you all should do something with your USB, like soldering down the damm thing to make it much stronger

How long will you wait!! (every user)

Tags
bad design, broken, charging, failure, hardware, loose, microusb, microusb port, n900, nokia, part, port, repair, return, surface mount, usb, usb port, warranty