Posts: 370 | Thanked: 443 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Italy
Originally Posted by lma View Post
Use compcache. Seriously!
On N900? Any hint?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jurop88 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by jurop88 View Post
On N900? Any hint?
No idea. I assumed someone must have built it after all this time, but the only references I can find are in the ramzez thread :-(

Edit: and the BFS one, and they at least seem to have the notify patch integrated.

Last edited by lma; 2011-08-16 at 15:07.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lma For This Useful Post:
Posts: 48 | Thanked: 80 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ France
What would be great is that we can install MeeGo on Nokia's Windows Phones. And why not? The Sea Ray hardware seems very close to the N9.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to baptx For This Useful Post:
Banned | Posts: 3,412 | Thanked: 1,043 times | Joined on Feb 2010
Originally Posted by tekki View Post
I don't fully understand why you're singling out stskeeps all the time
Ok your complete post is not news any more and i did find this all out long ago, i was reffering to vi_ who asked texrat to give out Maemo code and texrat replied he is out of it as of 3 years now, hence the at the end.

As there really IS a serious problem that is more or less spelling the end of Maemo.org in the not too distant future maybe someone can find a way to possibly enhance this community with a combination of MeeGo/Maemo because at least some of us would not like Maemo to die and/or this community to go down with it as it is probably the best community that exsists on the internet today !.

Come on you lot get your heads together and start firing some strong possibilties and suggestions forward .

Posts: 60 | Thanked: 198 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Radical Realistic Open Source with JFDI instead of Bikeshedding
Originally Posted by abill_uk View Post
As there really IS a serious problem that is more or less spelling the end of Maemo.org in the not too distant future maybe someone can find a way to possibly enhance this community with a combination of MeeGo/Maemo because at least some of us would not like Maemo to die and/or this community to go down with it as it is probably the best community that exsists on the internet today !.

Come on you lot get your heads together and start firing some strong possibilties and suggestions forward .
There's three good directions, CSSU, Cordia and Community Edition. Since there's no governance in maemo.org as such, people are free to organise themselves under those projects. Two of those projects use MeeGo and the MeeGo adaptations.

My own opinion is that we may need to think beyond current interfaces and instead think bigger and very long term, like http://community.kde.org/Plasma/Active or that video I posted in the other post.

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to tekki For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by baptx View Post
What would be great is that we can install MeeGo on Nokia's Windows Phones. And why not? The Sea Ray hardware seems very close to the N9.
I've been thinking along the same lines but I know squat about hardware.

Does anyone in the know think Nokia would give us what we need to flash maemo/meego onto their new hardware? I would happily plonk down $600 for a windows phone (with a keyboard) if I knew I could get back to the office and install maemo...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zoner For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 2,622 | Thanked: 5,447 times | Joined on Jan 2010
Too different I think. Most notable difference is qualcomm vs TI. But anyway we are drifting off to chitchat again.

We should take some decisions now, not later. Discussion is good but I think we should pin down our possible choices, start making some scenarios about each one and ruling them out one by one.

And then set up for work in Plan A, having a Plan B in case Plan A blows away.

Last edited by qwazix; 2011-08-16 at 15:18.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to qwazix For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,121 | Thanked: 1,540 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Oxford, UK
Originally Posted by baptx View Post
The Sea Ray hardware seems very close to the N9.
It's just the outer case that's the same. Different inside.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pelago For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
No idea. I assumed someone must have built it after all this time, but the only references I can find are in the ramzez thread :-(

Edit: and the BFS one, and they at least seem to have the notify patch integrated.
Some bits should be part of KP48 (not sure which, never tested it)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:

apparently tigerite had to 'write some scripts' or something. Unfortunately he is rather busy right now and is unable to finish.

Id write my own scripts if I knew what exactly I was scripting!

Unfortunately it looks like apparently fcam drivers AND injection drivers need to be compiled against PK48 and I think that might be holding a lot of people back from updating as they quite like those features.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to vi_ For This Useful Post:

Tags
community, discussion, doom!, future, gloom!, meego, patience, qole rocks, smilebehappy:)