Active Topics

Posts: 388 | Thanked: 1,340 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Finland
Originally Posted by ARJWright View Post
- navigate via the web browser to a page with a downloadable PDF; download and save the PDF. when you zoom in on the PDF, does the text reflow; do images reflow too. Can you click on links. How much a delay to load a large/heavy PDF than a small one. Can you attach that PDF easily to an email - can you share/attach to an email that PDF right from the PDF - not starting first with an email. Can you attach that PDF to a calendar entry. Can you attach it to a contact?
Downloaded Jolla's press release with the browser. Tapping downloaded PDF didn't do anything. I had to start Documents app and from there to select the downloaded PDF.

I don't understand what you mean by reflow. When I zoom in on the Documents app current image of the screen is scaled up by multiplication and when I stop zooming app will render the page again with proper resolution.

When you tap links it will open Browser or Email app (or if you miss a little bit it will split the screen with functionality view on the top part).

From the functionality view in Documents app you can tap Email but for some reason it doesn't add the PDF as the default attachment as I would have expected. There is also "Bluetooth Share" and "Add account" to choose from functionality view. I don't understand why there is "Add account". Maybe a bug.

In People and Calendar apps there isn't possiblity to add PDF as entry to the contact/calendar entry.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to att For This Useful Post:
Posts: 388 | Thanked: 1,340 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Finland
Originally Posted by ARJWright View Post
- create an appointment, in the location field put an address in your city, save the appointment. Go back to view the appointmnet. Can you click on the location and it open the maps. When you close the map view, does it take you back to the calendar, or to the event feed. Does it cache the map view you looked at.
- create an appointment. In the location field, put a phone number. Save the appointment. Go back to the appointment view. Can you click on the phone number and it dial? Can you add pauses and additional numbers (call-in codes) to that number - for conference calls.
There isn't location field.

There are
  • Event name
  • Description
  • Starts: date, time
  • Ends: date, time
  • Recurring
  • Remind me

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to att For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,404 | Thanked: 4,474 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Germany
The filemanager of the poor:

Open "file://" in the browser.
Then you can at least browse the filesystem and open files.

The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to pycage For This Useful Post:
Posts: 861 | Thanked: 734 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Nomadic
Originally Posted by att View Post
I don't understand what you mean by reflow. When I zoom in on the Documents app current image of the screen is scaled up by multiplication and when I stop zooming app will render the page again with proper resolution.
There are usually two states for the text on PDF doc readers. One, where you don't have the lines wrap, and a second where the width of the PDF is constrained, and the text lines wrap. For some PDF viewers, they will show the original layout when opened, but if you zoom in, the text will reflow within the viewport of your screen, wrapping the text so you don't have to pan/drag to read a line.

Your answers to my scenarios are much appreciated. I think Jolla will be better able to define the success of broken/fixed, upcoming, and new features based on those scenarios. As I think through a few more, I'll add.

Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by pycage View Post
The filemanager of the poor:

Open "file://" in the browser.
Then you can at least browse the filesystem and open files.
what about https://github.com/nemomobile/qmlfilemuncher

I am suprised people bashing about filebrowser when this can be done by the community?

There is plenty of other things in the coreOS that need to get fixed. Filebrowser is probadly mostly used by geeks/developers.

For me its way more important that webbrowser, camera, phone, email work very well. But also stable API for developers. So let Jolla focus on that first and let the community make a filebrowser or some kind of backend to the OS in some way... Btw. without those stupid doubleclicks to change directorys.

Last edited by mikecomputing; 2013-12-08 at 00:06.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to mikecomputing For This Useful Post:
I think people should checkout the Nemo Mobile repos for whatever they need for now, and maybe reskin it?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to m4r0v3r For This Useful Post:
Posts: 605 | Thanked: 1,778 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Helsinki
Originally Posted by m4r0v3r View Post
I think people should checkout the Nemo Mobile repos for whatever they need for now, and maybe reskin it?
Nemo does not have silica QML components so the UI will have to be reworked :/

The Following User Says Thank You to MSameer For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by MSameer View Post
Nemo does not have silica QML components so the UI will have to be reworked :/
I may take a look during my holiday period at work.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to m4r0v3r For This Useful Post:
Posts: 27 | Thanked: 38 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Arctic Circle
Quick partial reply concerning the calendar; there is no location field in jolla calendar event, so maps integration is not available, at least for now.

Cheers..

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jjaone For This Useful Post:
Posts: 37 | Thanked: 26 times | Joined on Aug 2013 @ Finland
Is Gnupg included in the SailfishOS package? That would satisfy my needs before some native GUI app for encryption/decryption comes out.

The Following User Says Thank You to rannari For This Useful Post:

Tags
jolla, review, sailfish, the other half, user experience