Notices

Posts: 258 | Thanked: 138 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ St. Louis, MO, USA
Originally Posted by smolomiami View Post
no problem men,by the way the manglish people who made the sygic, they from my country too so <<<twoboxen>>> don't buy it is made in manglish ok puto
Well, shoot, if their english punctuation is anything like yours I had better avoid it! I can't imagine trying to follow a Freudian stream of directions.

go left 4 miles straight hang right hang left lanes available etc. I have no idea what I'm saying! Me, the huge racist idiot for not understanding what you're saying. Clearly, my fault, and I apologize.

So all i can tell you don't buy it simple is that, or be glad somebody finally made navigation turn-by-turn for us, other thing if am not counting English as 6 i m still fine, because i know 5 more than you, and what you know only yours ?

Originally Posted by smolomiami View Post
So all i can tell you don't buy it simple is that, or be glad somebody finally made navigation turn-by-turn for us, other thing if am not counting English as 6 i m still fine, because i know 5 more than you, and what you know only yours ?
I could keep going, but I would end up just being mean. I'll stop. You're right, and I'm wrong. You're smart, and I'm dumb. Best wishes, friend.

Best wishes for you too

Posts: 2,142 | Thanked: 2,054 times | Joined on Dec 2006 @ Sicily
Originally Posted by twoboxen View Post
Well, shoot, if their english punctuation is anything like yours I had better avoid it! I can't imagine trying to follow a Freudian stream of directions.

go left 4 miles straight hang right hang left lanes available etc. I have no idea what I'm saying! Me, the huge racist idiot for not understanding what you're saying. Clearly, my fault, and I apologize.
@twoboxen: that's not a freudian stream, that's a stream of consciousness like those from James Joyce. Just my 2(euro)cents

Back on topic... It is going to be hard for Nokia to sell an updated version of Maps for the N900 if the majority of those needing voice guidance turn to Sygic and spend their money for that and for this year's maps. So, imho, they must have no new version of Maps ready at least for 2010.

Nokia haven't come out with a KILLER APP that makes you want to have this phone. Unlike Android...they have Google Map Navigation. Heck, they're not even prepare to lunch their Ovi Store. This is the worst marketing strategy ever for any company. If you want a product to succeed...you ALWAYS come out with a killer app too...like when a new game console come out, they always have some sort of killer games ready for launch. Nokia suck in every possible way.

Posts: 2,361 | Thanked: 3,746 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Berlin - Love this city!!
Originally Posted by romanianusa View Post
Nokia haven't come out with a KILLER APP that makes you want to have this phone. Unlike Android...they have Google Map Navigation. Heck, they're not even prepare to lunch their Ovi Store. This is the worst marketing strategy ever for any company. If you want a product to succeed...you ALWAYS come out with a killer app too...like when a new game console come out, they always have some sort of killer games ready for launch. Nokia suck in every possible way.
I'm NOT using Android because of google Maps...
maemos KILLER APP: X-Terminal
I don't recommend to LUNCH the Ovi Store

Originally Posted by debernardis View Post
@twoboxen: that's not a freudian stream, that's a stream of consciousness like those from James Joyce. Just my 2(euro)cents
You are correct... that's what I get for typing without thinking

As long as google maps dont give me the option to download the maps on the device, its not really a serious turn by turn navigation opponent for me.

Ok in my home country i dont mind to much because i have "unlimitted" data plan (not really but i didnt hit it yet). But in my home country i dont use maps that often.. When do i use maps? If i am on vacation or traveling for work to other places in europa or the states..

And then that 80 euro i pay Nokia or Sygic for a whole year is peanuts compared to what i have to pay my telecom provider for roaming data....

So google maps is nice, but dont tell me that it is free and cheap to use... Because that is not the case.

Being able to download maps is a pre..

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jcompagner For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by jcompagner View Post
As long as google maps dont give me the option to download the maps on the device, its not really a serious turn by turn navigation opponent for me.
Good point. I did not know that I have to be connected all time.
Then definitely Sygic or Ovi maps is better.

Tags
application, fremantle, gps, maemo, maemo 5, map, navigation, sygic, turn-by-turn