Posts: 127 | Thanked: 203 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Switzerland
Originally Posted by levone1 View Post
Fun fact - sliding your finger over the fingerprint scanner on the back causes a scroll. Up and down scrolls left to right, and left to right scrolls up and down. It's a tiny bit, so not useful for anything, but figured I'd just point it out...
I was about to flash Android back on the phone because of this erratic behaviour! The focus goes mad while typing and touching both the display and the fingerprint sensor.

Thank you for pointing this out. How do I disable the fingerprint sensor?

Originally Posted by maximilian1st View Post
I was about to flash Android back on the phone because of this erratic behaviour! The focus goes mad while typing and touching both the display and the fingerprint sensor.

Maybe try...
devel-su zypper rm sailfish-fpd-community-test sailfish-fpd-community sailfish-devicelock-fpd ?
(I can't guarantee that is safe, it's just the opposite command of installing fingerprint support from documentation. Check with @rinigus...)

Posts: 1,414 | Thanked: 7,547 times | Joined on Aug 2016 @ Estonia
Originally Posted by maximilian1st View Post

it is enabled deep in android stack. no easy way I am aware of to disable it. easiest is to keep the finger away from FP reader while you use the device. it is general rule regarding any sensor - don't engage it when you don't want to use it.

The Following User Says Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by rinigus View Post
Started working on it this weekend. Delay was mainly caused by some technical issues with OBS (new targets for 3.4.0 were added maybe a week or bit more ago) and a wish to release Pure Maps work without interrupting it.

I expect it would take few days more before release, unless I hit some major issue. But getting closer, indeed.
All the sudden I have this exiting feeling I used to have before christmas when I was younger ...

The Following User Says Thank You to JoOppen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,414 | Thanked: 7,547 times | Joined on Aug 2016 @ Estonia
Release 3.4.0.24 is out. See release notes at https://github.com/sailfishos-sony-t...s/tag/3.4.0.24

Right now it is available via OTA only. OTA instructions have been updated and it is important to ensure that you have package jolla-configuration-DEVICE_CODE installed corresponding to your device! Read the instructions fully before updating or you may get into trouble.

I will create images in the upcoming days for those who prefer to flash fresh.

Note that while I have tested it for few days, it has not been tested extensively. So, as usual, for those who want to be on the safe side, wait bit longer and see if issues will start popping up in github repository or forum threads (TMO and XDA).

In addition to the expected SFOS update features, notice that this SFOS update brings support to OpenGLES 3. On web browsers side (stock and Angelfish), this translates to webgl2 support. Just don't forget to update runtime if you use Flatpaks (using flatpak-runner).

For Tama port, this release brings recovery image that can be used to make filesystem-based backups on your SD card. You would need the release image to use it, so wait few days. To use it, you have to login through telnet into recovery boot and follow the instructions provided in separate document of the main repository.

The help of several developers is appreciated: Thaodan has joined as a team member and worked on different aspects of the port, updated repos and adjusted the structure. During update testing, I hit an issue with MCE refusing to restart right after OTA making it impossible to use power button for restarting the phone. That issue was resolved by mal and spiiroin, thanks to them as well!

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
I didn't expect Christmas that early ;-)
Thank you to all of you!

Originally Posted by rinigus View Post
it is enabled deep in android stack. no easy way I am aware of to disable it. easiest is to keep the finger away from FP reader while you use the device. it is general rule regarding any sensor - don't engage it when you don't want to use it.
I wonder if it could be remapped and used for something useful... Last-app switcher would be nice.

ota update went smoothly, and working great - thanks ...

If anyone else is using Aliendalvik et al from another device, I found that you need to update:
For Aliendalvik: aliendalvik, aliendalvik-configs, and aliendalvik-system
For Exchange Activesync - sailfish-eas, libsailfish-eas, and libsailfish-eas-common

Xt9 seems to be working fine...

Last edited by levone1; 2020-12-04 at 08:14.

Update went smoothly. No problems (yet?) - and fingerprint sensor for XZ3 is working too, now.
Thank you a lot!

Ok, I found some minor issue: apparently audio routing to USB does not work. I tried to feed an external DAC with the XZ3 via USB. When the DAC is plugged into USB, audio is still routed to the XZ3 speakers.

When I do the same with the XA2, audio data is routed to USB and thus to the DAC. The XA2 speakers remain silent when playing music and the DAC is connected to USB

EDIT: Audio-out to USB is fine as far a the analog signal is concerned. Thus using the passive USB-TRS adapter works fine The issue only concerns the digital audio data

And: USB OTG also works fine - USB sticks are well recognized

Last edited by JoOppen; 2020-12-04 at 11:55.