Posts: 5 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Jul 2015 @ United Kingdom
Originally Posted by epninety View Post
Looks like it will arrive just in time for me to throw my Jolla in the bin, since the latest firmware upgrade has bricked it
That's a shame. Perhaps Jolla will replace it? Under UK law goods sold need to be of merchantable quality and last a reasonable amount of time depending upon their nature. I.e. if you buy smoked salmon you can't expect that to last two years but surely a phone should last two years?

There is the cheap and relatively simple small claims court where I think you could attempt to get your money refunded or phone replaced. I'm not fully sure how this works with a UK customer and a Finnish company but both UK and Finland are EEC members so many common laws.

The Following User Says Thank You to sunsurfer For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by epninety View Post
Looks like it will arrive just in time for me to throw my Jolla in the bin, since the latest firmware upgrade has bricked it
I had some serious intermittent issues with my Jolla after the latest update(I think, it's the update). The phone started to go to a reboot loop and I have to go for a batttery pull reset everytime. Sometimes it shut down in the middle of a process like a call or internet browsing. I was worried it's going to get bricked and even started a thread here enquiring about the same.

Taking @coderus advice, contacted Jolla care and they were very helpful. After going through their troubleshooting steps, it's all good. The issue is no longer occuring and I am so releived. Eagerly waiting for my TOHKBD2 now ..

I am sure you already have, but in case you have not, try to contact Jolla care and hopefully they can sort out your issue.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to yawuji For This Useful Post:
Posts: 645 | Thanked: 519 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Finland
Originally Posted by dirkvl View Post
...and 3 with red cover (I ran out, ordered extra)
Thats where my #390 with red keyboard part has been?

Posts: 1,104 | Thanked: 5,652 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Holland
...and 3 with red cover (I ran out, ordered extra)
Originally Posted by Mikkosssss View Post
Thats where my #390 with red keyboard part has been?
Nooooo

Yours is on the way!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to dirkvl For This Useful Post:
Posts: 461 | Thanked: 358 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Bilbao (Basque Country [Spain])
I hope mine is there, so it wasn't sent on Jun 17th and maybe lost in the shipping.

<-- #104: Waiting since Jun 17th - No email - Updated at Jul 20th - Spain - Qwerty - Red+Black+Carbonfiber Black

Posts: 1,104 | Thanked: 5,652 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Holland
Originally Posted by malkavian View Post
I hope mine is there, so it wasn't sent on Jun 17th and maybe lost in the shipping.

<-- #104: Waiting since Jun 17th - No email - Updated at Jul 20th - Spain - Qwerty - Red+Black+Carbonfiber Black
probably in purgatory pile, hope i have some time to send them to postal office soon!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dirkvl For This Useful Post:
Posts: 269 | Thanked: 1,096 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hampshire, UK
Originally Posted by yawuji View Post
I am sure you already have, but in case you have not, try to contact Jolla care and hopefully they can sort out your issue.
Thanks to yawuji and sunsurfer, it's not really Jollas problem, certainly not to the extent of legal action - early adopter of updates comes with some responsibilities for ones own actions, it seems to me.

I will be speaking to Jolla Care, once I've got some spare time to organise my thoughts and write a coherent email. In another thread, I've been playing with an MX4 Ubuntu editions for a couple of weeks, and while I really like it, I prefer Sailfish in the round and I'd like to stick with it.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to epninety For This Useful Post:
any tips for tightening the rear cover? it keeps coming lose and my TOHKBD loses connectivity with the phone.

I notice if I push the cover towards the bottom of the phone it tightens but it slides upwards quite easily in my pocket.

The Following User Says Thank You to droll For This Useful Post:
hey there,

one week has passed now, since i recieved my ToHKbd rev2 qwertz (order.no. 721) last monday morning, here in germany with City Post. Great Timing, perhaps, cause it was the only morning i was awake, cause have to work at night this past week.
I aslo didn't get a notification mail for shipment, but imho. it was even better, so the surprise was much bigger, when i finally hold it in my hands.

After one week of usage, i'm still overwhelmed of it's puristic geniality...

Was qiuet glad, in getting mine later, for all the issues the first users reported...but that's totally normal, i think.
Mine got also a few Issues, i.e.
- "A", left "Ctrl" key, and Space Bar, need a lot more force to register.
- qwertz layout get reseted by itself sometimes, so "Z", and "Y" are switched back most of the time. (ß, and äöü still don't work, but thats already known.)
- after last week update, qwertz layout started working better, but the background lights won't work anymore. But problem is gone after one, or more reboots.
- the Lastu backplate seems to be just a bit too short, so on one side i can see a a tiny part of one magnet.

but, hey, for the rest it's working fantastically for me also, and it get's better with every update.
I totally love the background illumination. (3 LEDs between the numerical and the qwerty/z row, right?) They are so smooth, the whole keyboard is so beautiful, you are really awesome. And as i wrote in the kickstarter survey, so much Love & Respect, for you three guys.

ahäh...by the way, can someone tell me, what this status LED on the left upper side of the keyboard, between "Esc" and "Del" keys is for?...i still didn't get it...hehe

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to santeira For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
Originally Posted by santeira View Post
ahäh...by the way, can someone tell me, what this status LED on the left upper side of the keyboard, between "Esc" and "Del" keys is for?...i still didn't get it...hehe
It is officially refered to as the "selfie LED"

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:

Tags
keyboard, kickstarter, other half, tohkbd