So google came out with this thing called My Location which triangulates your position using cellular towers when using Google Maps mobile. Also it is supposed to work with GPS equipped devices, and it would be great if it could be used on the N810, but because the N810 is recognized as a desktop browser we can't access it. So, does anyone know how to spoof it to look like a mobile browser so we can see if My Location will work with the N810?

Bonus noob question - does the N800 have GPS? ; P

The n810 is not a cellphone but has GPS built in so you wouldn't need that website anyway.

Posts: 574 | Thanked: 166 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ BC, Canada
In the MicroB browser type the URL "about:config". There is a parameter called "general.useragent.vendor" that looks to be the line you should change to spoof a different kind of browser.

The N800 does not have a GPS, but it can use an external bluetooth GPS.

p.s. I'm getting a strong sense of deja vu on this topic... could be it has been asked before.

Last edited by technut; 2008-01-01 at 22:55.

Posts: 1,361 | Thanked: 115 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Toronto, Ontario, Canada
There was one awesome blog I saw a while back (for the life of me I can't find the URL anymore) where the guy would make a blog entry, it'd grab his GPS co-ordinates, and the blog post would pop up as a point of interest on google maps in one of those little popups that normally gives stuff like all the address info, etc.