Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 3,980 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ USA
Anyone having trouble registering on the Pine64 forums? Either they're not sending or I'm not receiving the confirmation email . . .

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to robthebold For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by robthebold View Post
Anyone having trouble registering on the Pine64 forums? Either they're not sending or I'm not receiving the confirmation email . . .
Returned instantly to "Junk" folder.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to aspergerguy For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Interesting discussion about pine64 on:

https://youtu.be/75JCvHbPS-A?t=3590

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mikecomputing For This Useful Post:
Posts: 435 | Thanked: 684 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Netherlands 020

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to jellyroll For This Useful Post:
"Funny" how those dates align with the new timeline for the Librem.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to olf For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,335 | Thanked: 3,931 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Brittany, France
I had no idea the PinePhone could run so many OSes and be so inexpensive. I did not read the article fully (yet; I am at work), just checked the videos quickly, but it looks like a very interesting option for those who want something flexible. Are all OS really working (I know some are still alpha, but I am wondering if the features already developed all work on the PinePhone)? Very interested in having one of those devices, not for daily use (aiming at F(x)tec Proš instead), but for tinkering.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kabouik For This Useful Post:
Posts: 943 | Thanked: 3,228 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Zagreb
Originally Posted by Kabouik View Post
I had no idea the PinePhone could run so many OSes and be so inexpensive. I did not read the article fully (yet; I am at work), just checked the videos quickly, but it looks like a very interesting option for those who want something flexible. Are all OS really working (I know some are still alpha, but I am wondering if the features already developed all work on the PinePhone)? Very interested in having one of those devices, not for daily use (aiming at F(x)tec Proš instead), but for tinkering.
you know what they say about things that sounds too good to be true

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kinggo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,335 | Thanked: 3,931 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Brittany, France
No problem, I can wait and see if they are true. I'm happy to take some risks sometimes too. :>

The Following User Says Thank You to Kabouik For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Kabouik View Post
The catch is that they don't develop OSes themselves, but instead came with a hardware that can run mainline kernel and provided devkits to the developers of those projects. If you check the article fully, software is far from fully functional yet and first batches are aimed at developers/tinkerers. But great progress is made so far and it should get good support eventually, as alternative OS projects are also interested to have inexpensive devices to run them on without relying on hacky Android bits.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to TheKit For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by TheKit View Post
The catch is that they don't develop OSes themselves, but instead came with a hardware that can run mainline kernel and provided devkits to the developers of those projects.
And that is the very best alpha-marketing tactic there is.

Let us hope they get the traction they need

My Mods for Wonko's Advanced Clock Plugin:
ISO8601 clock mod and Momental_IST clock mod

Printing your Email with the N900

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to theonelaw For This Useful Post: