Notices

Posts: 2,290 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ UK
Originally Posted by zimon View Post
One thing which came to my mind, whether one has locking set on or off, the initial blue "NOKIA" pic and the handshaking animation could be replaceable in SmsCon-Editor. It would help if when booting the device the screen would show a pic which would read something like: "[B]Please return this device if lost. $20 reward.
The main problem is you would have to make an individual video for each person. I have done this and it works well.
Also you can use the CUSTOM_COM to send a return to Onwer screen.
Anybody wishing to do these see link to previous my post below.

http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...postcount=1100

Another idea is the secure screen can be edited to display contact details.
Using the link below I edited the text on my "swipe to unlock" and the "Enter Lock Code".
I have edited enter lock code to:-

Enter lock code or return to onwer at (postcode)(phone no)

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=69249

I have done all of these to my N900's so hopefully combined with SMSCON, my phone would be returned if lost.

I would hope the hildon banner custom command would be fairly easy to include into SMSCON, although it's the least useful. As for the others they maybe hard to implement.

Wiki Admin
sixwheeledbeast's wiki
Testing Squad Subscriber
- mcallerx - tenminutecore - FlopSwap - Qnotted - zzztop - Bander - Fight2048 -

Before posting or starting a thread please try this.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sixwheeledbeast For This Useful Post:
I just realised I should have tested Smscon more lately with another phone. I used to do it in the start when Smscon was published, but lots have changed since then.

In the latest version, if the COM_PREFIX is Smscon, should for example Location command to be sent in SMS like:
Smscon Location
OR
SmsconLocation

Space or without space?

Lately GPS locking on that N900 has been extremely slow, I do not know the reason, so I thought Trackon would eventually send the accurate enough coordinates, where Location would fail and send coordinates centre of country.
The N900 is not GPS-online all the time, like other phones may be.
Particularly if assisted GPS is not available, it takes minutes of time to rebuild the GPS almanac that contains info about satellites. Tracking saves nothing. Simply spoken, tracking are repeated location commands.

Yes I have sms delivery notifications on, but no delivery yet.
I spoke about delivery notification on the phone at which you SEND the sms command It's a service of the telecom provider. There should be a #xxx* code to enabled it (try google).

I just realised I should have tested Smscon more lately with another phone. I used to do it in the start when Smscon was published, but lots have changed since then.

In the latest version, if the COM_PREFIX is Smscon, should for example Location command to be sent in SMS like:
Smscon Location
OR
SmsconLocation

Space or without space?
without space. Don't forget to add the suffix if you defined one.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to yablacky For This Useful Post:
Yes I have that setting set, and none of the SMS messages have reached the phone yet. Maybe the finder doesn't have a charger, because I know it had empty battery and that is one reason (long story) why I lost it.

Also my N900 had these weird booting probs, so pressing the power button "the right way" maybe not be success experience for the finder.

I am using Nokia N95, where there is a user friendly setting where SMS delivery notifications can be turned on in telecom providers system.

Ah, so no space. All command this far (if they ever reach the N900) will fail then.

The Following User Says Thank You to zimon For This Useful Post:
Lately GPS locking on that N900 has been extremely slow, I do not know the reason, .
zimon, keeping thumbs for You regaining Your N900!

As per slow lock - You've been, probably, using supl.nokia.com as supl server - Nokia, lately, did something to deny access for older devices. You should use supl.google.com OR, as lma suggested (and created), supl proxy on device, that seems to "sanitize" contact to supl.nokia.com (which proves, that disabling it for N900 is done on purpose).

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Oh s.h.i.t. that is why GPS locking has been failing lately then. I did check just the other day I had A-GPS on, and supl.nokia.com was there.
I have missed totally this information in t.m.o.

//edit

I find it useful now, that one could send several commands in one single SMS, something like:
"prefixUnlock, prefixLocation, prefixCall, prefixLog"
And I've before suggested prefix would really be a "password", so the set of Smscon commands sent by single SMS message could be just:
"prefix Unlock, Location, Call, Log"

Last edited by zimon; 2012-06-08 at 21:05.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zimon For This Useful Post:
SMSCON 0.10.3-2 has been queued for loading into fremantle extras-devel repository.

Change log:
  • FIX: Don't send SMS notification on "lockalways" if SIM is authorized (but stil lock).
  • FIX: Completely established SMSCON as a system service that is subject to job control. This way SMSCON gets notified and stopped regularly on shutdown. This is a prerequisite for preparing things that have to do with device locking. Further, SMSCON is now restarted automatically on unexpected termination e.g. in case of errors or other events.
  • FIX: Minor fixes in installer if smscon is installed the first time.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to yablacky For This Useful Post:
For your information:

as with smscon 0.10.3-2 the smscon-editor 0.9.12 does not correctly indicate if smscon loads at boot (shows always "no" even if loading at boot is in fact enabled). The next editor version should fix that.

The Following User Says Thank You to yablacky For This Useful Post:
Hi,

first of all: cool stuff!

Two questions using 0.10.3 on N900:
configured:
COM_CUSTOM = 'Script*'
COMMANDREPLY = 'no'
SILENCEDEVICE = 'yes'

and
Code:
/opt/smscon/smscon_script
#!/bin/sh

trim() { local -; set -f; echo $1; }
CMD=$(trim "${1:-default}")
test $# -gt 0 && shift
echo "Processing '$CMD' from $SMSCON_SENDERNUMBER via $SMSCON_COMMANDORIGIN on $(date)"
case "$CMD" in
    ""|"*"|"default")
    # A common case getting here is when COM_CUSTOM command is detected by CHECKHOST
    # because (currently) CHECKHOST is not able to specify parameters. 
    echo Process list on $(date):
    ps
    echo netstat:
    netstat -tean
    ;;
    ps)	ps
    ;;
    blueon)	dbus-send --system --type=method_call --dest=org.bluez $(dbus-send --system --print-reply --dest=org.bluez / org.bluez.Manager.DefaultAdapter | awk -F'"' '/at/ {print $2}') org.bluez.Adapter.SetProperty string:Powered variant:boolean:true
    ;;
    blueoff)	dbus-send --system --type=method_call --dest=org.bluez $(dbus-send --system --print-reply --dest=org.bluez / org.bluez.Manager.DefaultAdapter | awk -F'"' '/at/ {print $2}') org.bluez.Adapter.SetProperty string:Powered variant:boolean:false
    ;;
    *)
    echo "Unknown command '$CMD'"
    ;;
esac
Works so far but two problems:
- I always get an SMS back like -script-
Script [u' blueon'] executes in BG [PIDs=4532].
-> Any way to prevent/silence this?
And silence doesnt work:
Code:
2012-06-22 19:28:17[DAEMON] INFO: Received smscon command [Script blueon] via SMS from +00123456789 (the master) . Acknowledge message disabled.
2012-06-22 19:28:17[DAEMON] INFO: Phone battery charge is 71%, discharging.
2012-06-22 19:28:17[DAEMON] ERROR: (SILENCE) Could not get current phone profile: list index out of range
What I basically try to achieve is turning BT on/off by SMS and silence the sms-sound for only commands to smscon(if possible at all).

Thanks,

Michael

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to makki For This Useful Post: