Hello,

It's not a perfect fit but I did purchase a case tonight that works well with the N800. It's by Case Logic product code PHDC1 and it's a mini hard drive case. The dimensions are 6 x 3.78 x 1.34in. with a semi hard shell. It was at Staples for $15.00.

Until I can get something made for the N800 it's much better than the cheap rag we all got.

J

You got a link or is it only in-store?

Posts: 449 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Apr 2006 @ Eureka, CA

Too big for me. I really want something like the 770's hard shell so I can just throw it a pocket/pack

Posts: 3,404 | Thanked: 4,474 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Germany
I guess it's only a matter of time until Proporta (http://www.proporta.com) picks the N800 up. They have a solid leather case with screen protection specially for the 770, so I suppose one for the 800 will follow soon.

Posts: 3,790 | Thanked: 5,718 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by pycage View Post
I guess it's only a matter of time until Proporta (http://www.proporta.com) picks the N800 up. They have a solid leather case with screen protection specially for the 770, so I suppose one for the 800 will follow soon.
Maybe better than nothing, but this will not be a real replacement for the 770s cover as it cannot put the device to power saving mode.

Posts: 3,401 | Thanked: 1,255 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ London, UK
Originally Posted by benny1967 View Post
Maybe better than nothing, but this will not be a real replacement for the 770s cover as it cannot put the device to power saving mode.
No case for the N800 will achieve that unfortunately. The best you can do is add support to my bug #943 - you may disagree with the suggested options, please suggest alternatives it's really a starter for discussion.

The important thing is to make Nokia realise that some of us don't want an "always on" (always connected) device - I get the impression from this (lengthy!) discussion that Nokia have a usage philosophy for the N800 which is in conflict with the case previously provided for the 770.

As there are many places and times when we need to disable communication (certain businesses or security concious locations demand this) and also the device itself (such as when putting it in a pocket!) it's obvious a quick and easy method to replicate the 770s "case on" functionality is necessary.

If/when bug #944 is resolved you can vote on the bug #943 as well!

Posts: 3,790 | Thanked: 5,718 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by Milhouse View Post
No case for the N800 will achieve that unfortunately.
I know

The important thing is to make Nokia realise that some of us don't want an "always on" (always connected) device - I get the impression from this (lengthy!) discussion that Nokia have a usage philosophy for the N800 which is in conflict with the case previously provided for the 770.
My dear... I wasn't aware of this. It's the old "It's not a bug, it's a feature!"-thing, isn't it? I thought they'd left out the cover only to cut production costs or something. But to think that someone actually made this decision because he/she thought the device will become better this way...? Incredible!

Posts: 832 | Thanked: 75 times | Joined on Dec 2005 @ Phoenix, AZ
The included slip case for the N800 is far too loose, while we're on the subject. Twice I've dropped my N800 when picking up the case. Thankfully the first was on my hotel's bed and the second was caught with my remaining hand (yay ex-juggler geek) but it does concern me. I'll browse for more options soon too.

Posts: 185 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Dec 2005 @ Texas
I emailed PDair yesterday about the possibility of them making N800 versions of their leather and aluminum cases, like the ones they make for the 770. I have the leather one for my 770 and I have really enjoyed it, keeps the 770 nice and slim, plus I can use the 770 and access all buttons and ports in the case.

I'll post here when/if I get a response from them in the next few days, hopefully...