Anybody got a list of 2008 OS Rep's yet ?

Posts: 1,310 | Thanked: 820 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Irving, TX
Not sure about 3rd party repositories, but it should be set for OS2008 (Chinook) "by default". If you look at the application manager, and there are nothing set for the "distribution", then it will assume "Chinook".

(At least that how it seem to work for me, when there was occasionally problems with some of the Nokia Repositories in past weeks... in the error message "Chinook" was mentioned in the path. If I set the distribution to "Bora", then different set of applications pops up. Too bad almost none of the Bora apps installs due to missing libraries etc...)

Posts: 574 | Thanked: 166 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ BC, Canada
There are a few here:
http://gronmayer.com/n800/repos/
and if you find more, please add them there. Thanks.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to technut For This Useful Post:
Thanks technut! The repos for FBReader and Pidgin aren't working though. For the FBReader repo the distribution field needs to be blank. It did give the opportunity to see how the Application Manager handles bad repos now and it's much better. Now it tells which repos are bad, and gives you a chance to edit them rather than just saying "Cannot Refresh Package List".

Last edited by THX1138; 2007-11-14 at 03:53.

Posts: 574 | Thanked: 166 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ BC, Canada
No problem... that's not my site but I like it. Since the repos are user-added there can sometimes be problems. There is a feedback link at the site to submit fixes.

Posts: 449 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Apr 2006 @ Eureka, CA
When I click to add a repository from this page I get a null error in the application manager. Has anyone else experienced this?

When I click to add a repository from this page I get a null error in the application manager. Has anyone else experienced this?
Oh yes. Same on the n800 (IT OS 2k7). Drove me nuts after I spent about an hour trying to write my own .install files to configure application repos!

Last edited by zestuart; 2007-11-15 at 10:12.

Originally Posted by johsua View Post
Same for me, I just download all the .install file and copied the data in to the source file on my N800...,

Originally Posted by johsua View Post
Same here, but I found out that the repos got added anyway...

Posts: 29 | Thanked: 27 times | Joined on Jun 2007 @ south germany
Hi together!

I'm the owner of http://www.gronmayer.com/n800/... Thx for your feedback!

For N800:
Please give me more information about your problems with installing repos from my repo-list. I'm using 3 N800s and - of course - I've no problem to install the repositories.
Just click onto the name of it. The server creates a temporary .install-File and send this file with html-header "application/x-install-instructions" to your browser. Your browser should open a pop-up and ask for "open" or "save". Click "open" and the program-manager should open and install the repo.
This is the way with microb-Browser. Maybe there are some problems with the original Opera-Browser?

For N810:
I'll have no N810 in the near future. So I cannot test the repo-List. Could anyone tell me please, what is the right format for the .install-File?
For N800 is it like this:
[install]
repo_name = name
repo_deb_3 = deb url distribution components

Thanks for your help!

CU,
Joschi

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Joschi For This Useful Post: