Posts: 2,669 | Thanked: 2,555 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
It's supposedly an updated version. Remember, they have another week or two to bring it out before the official release.

Yeah, I've been installing apps and surfing the web without any hiccups so far while downloading in the background, although the download status bar is moving pretty damn slow. I hope Midnight Commander still works with OS2008 because I need to change the systemui to show Soft Poweroff. I just reflashed last week and didn't bother adding it back to the menu. Locking the screen instead of the soft poweroff drained my battery way faster. I'm at ~15% downloaded for the USA West maps.

Posts: 2,041 | Thanked: 1,066 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Houston
Originally Posted by dan67sf View Post
Once you open the xterminal you need to cd to the directory the flasher image is in which for you sounds like Desktop. So the command run first is

cd Desktop

them you should be able to follow the commands as directed.
Thanks i did that.

When i try to enable rd-mode .... the following pops up

USB device found found at bus 005, device address 002
Error claiming USB interface: Operation not permitted

Any thing else?

Originally Posted by sachin007 View Post
Please help.
I downloaded ubuntu 7.1 and installled it via boot disk.
When i open terminal and put this command
chmod a+x ./flasher-3.0 it says not found. I have both the flasher and the bin file on the ubuntu desktop. ANthing else to do??
i am a complete noob on linux.
thnaks
Follow dan67sf's instructions to cd to the directory in terminal. When you get to the steps that start with "./flasher-3.0" add "sudo" and one space before it like this:

"sudo ./flasher-3.0 --enable-rd-mode"

Ubuntu 7.10 user here

Posts: 2,041 | Thanked: 1,066 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Houston
Thanks guys .... i got it.

Where do you download the maps from?

Originally Posted by airbillion View Post
Where do you download the maps from?
From within the new maps application itself on OS2008.

FBreader installed flawlessly...same with Pidgin.

Way, way, way improved OBEX Bluetooth Push transfer speeds. Now clocking in around 110+ when sending large files from my Macbook Pro to my "new" N800. Before it was capped at around 70-80.

Last edited by iball; 2007-11-14 at 04:45.

Whenever it try to refresh the map list, it says that it failed to update the map list. Any ideas?

Posts: 64 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Colorado Springs
Originally Posted by iball View Post
Downloading maps for USA East....sloooooow.
Anyone know if it's East or West where the maps for Kansas and Missouri are?
Where is putting the map data? When you run the new nav software does it let you point to either SD?

(I'm still deciding whether to load or not. Probably will wait until after my Vegas trip next week so I can have navigation. Or as I said earlier I could load now and reflash to '07 for the trip.)

Maybe this was just me, but I can't lock the screen and buttons or else it gets stuck. It won't register the center press to unlock everything, I had to take the batter out.