Good Lord is this thing now FAST! Tried to install Skype and it said it wasn't available...oh well, didn't use it that much anyway.
Look at the time from my last post to this post.
That's how long it took to download it and flash it from Mac OS X.

I'm a happy IT user once again. I got my 2 8GB SDHC cards a couple weeks ago, and now I have OS2008 to go along with them. I think OS2008 looks great, and feels snappier than the previous firmware. Mozilla seems more stable, and YouTube performance is acceptable now. Nokia has restored my faith and I look forward to steps 4 and 5 in their IT roadmap.

Posts: 130 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Maine & Florida - USA
I agree. Photoshop and very bad dutch. Must have used some online translator robot ENG-NL; as no dutch speaking person (meaning Dutch & Flemings) would say/write "Gefeliciteerd! Je moet gewoon bricked uw tablet. U moet hebben gekocht een iPhone." which is word by word "Congratulations! You must just bricked your tablet. You must have bought an iPhone".

I haven't figured out yet how he/she would end up the first sentence from English.

Anyway. Enough distraction with that photoshop.

Downloading maps for USA East....sloooooow.
Anyone know if it's East or West where the maps for Kansas and Missouri are?
YAY! Can finally change the order of the big three icons on the left-hand side. Still not able to ADD/DELETE them.
This weekend my time will be spent figuring out which Fanoush ports work on OS2008.
The default sounds are a little cooler though.

Last edited by iball; 2007-11-14 at 03:34.

I'm downloading USA West right now, about 10% done after about 10 minutes of downloading. I wish it would tell me the speed I'm downloading at. I'll let you know if Kansas or Missouri is in the USA West maps.

Originally Posted by THX1138 View Post
I'm downloading USA West right now, about 10% done after about 10 minutes of downloading. I wish it would tell me the speed I'm downloading at. I'll let you know if Kansas or Missouri is in the USA West maps.
Cool. You post what's covered by USA West and I'll post what states USA East covers.

Hit up Engadget on the browser and after 200+ items of mostly junk finished downloading (must...install...Privoxy...soon) I hit up the Access-Garnet-on-OS2008 thread and was able to view ThoughtFix's YouTube video directly FLAWLESSLY! No skipping or pausing and that's while downloading USA East map in the background.
Sweet.
Still have to hack the Powerbutton settings to put it to sleep with a long press and figure out all over again how to increase the font size in the browser as well as see if there's a way to hack/remap the d-pad up/down for page up/down in this new browser. Easily done with the old Opera browser but this new one is kinda funky. The browser is pretty fast though. I'm still waiting for a Webkit port though.
Why the hell didn't they update/fix the horribly buggy RSS reader though?!?!

Posts: 2,041 | Thanked: 1,066 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Houston
Please help.
I downloaded ubuntu 7.1 and installled it via boot disk.
When i open terminal and put this command
chmod a+x ./flasher-3.0 it says not found. I have both the flasher and the bin file on the ubuntu desktop. ANthing else to do??
i am a complete noob on linux.
thnaks

Posts: 114 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Somewhere, most of the time.
Originally Posted by iball View Post
Downloading maps for USA East....sloooooow.
Anyone know if it's East or West where the maps for Kansas and Missouri are?
YAY! Can finally change the order of the big three icons on the left-hand side. Still not able to ADD/DELETE them.
This weekend my time will be spent figuring out which Fanoush ports work on OS2008.
The default sounds are a little cooler though.
In the Navicore I use for my N800 KS & MO are in the USA West Map. Not sure about States to the North or South of MO. Stinks for me cause I live in IL and only 30 minutes from St Louis MO and whenever I cross the Mississippi I have to switch.

Posts: 114 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Somewhere, most of the time.
Originally Posted by sachin007 View Post
Please help.
I downloaded ubuntu 7.1 and installled it via boot disk.
When i open terminal and put this command
chmod a+x ./flasher-3.0 it says not found. I have both the flasher and the bin file on the ubuntu desktop. ANthing else to do??
i am a complete noob on linux.
thnaks
Once you open the xterminal you need to cd to the directory the flasher image is in which for you sounds like Desktop. So the command run first is

cd Desktop

them you should be able to follow the commands as directed.

Originally Posted by iball View Post
Good Lord is this thing now FAST! Tried to install Skype and it said it wasn't available...oh well, didn't use it that much anyway.
Am I reading correctly? No Skype for 2008 OS?