Active Topics

Posts: 218 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ localhost
9a6or, going from Piel Frama to a Proporta case is going from an Mercedes S class to a Fiat Panda.

I own several Piel Frama cases and they are undisputedly first class. When I need a case I always look for a Piel Frama first.

Posts: 919 | Thanked: 37 times | Joined on Aug 2006 @ /dev/null
Originally Posted by Frankowitz View Post
9a6or, going from Piel Frama to a Proporta case is going from an Mercedes S class to a Fiat Panda.

I own several Piel Frama cases and they are undisputedly first class. When I need a case I always look for a Piel Frama first.

Do you know where I can buy a Piel Frama for N800?

Posts: 218 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ localhost
Originally Posted by SeRi@lDiE View Post
Do you know where I can buy a Piel Frama for N800?
Unfortunately, Piel Frama does not have a N800 case at the moment.

You can monitor their site if you want: Piel Frama site

I got my Proporta case today and it seems pretty nice. It has a kickstand in the back so that you could use it at a desk. I guess that I'll have to try it out once I get my tablet back from the nokia roach motel.....

Can someone post some pics of their case, particularly the "kickstand"? I'm using a DS Lite case at the moment, but I was thinking of getting the Proporta case + beltclip. Sounds like I might have to find something else....

Originally Posted by wodin View Post
Mine shipped today too, in spite of my giving up and cancelling my order weeks ago.
Well, it arrived a couple of days ago, and overall I'm pretty pleased with it. It doesn't add enough bulk or weight to prevent slipping Marvin in my trousers pocket and adds more that adequate screen protection. Looks and fits pretty well and hands down beats the sunglasses bag.

Cons:
1. Prevents putting the native kick stand out thus preventing connecting USB or removing the external SD card.
2. The stylus is a little harder to get out.
3. Marvin’s edges don’t have any protection. Dropping him on one of his corners could result in DISASTER!

All in all, I’m happy that they did NOT cancel my order as requested.

Along with the case and the previously mentioned Proporta Mobile Device Cleaner, my order also included a couple of bags of most excellent TAYLORS of HARROGATE English Breakfast tea. A touch of British class that makes me want to keep coming back!

Originally Posted by 9a6or View Post
My main problem is that I bought this case together with the magnetic windscreen mount (which .... but the case does not have a sheet of steel sewn in it, ie. I would have to stick the adhesive metal pad onto the back of the leather case (off centre because the kickstand is in the middle)... .... I'll write to Proporta to arrange returning the goods.
I ordered the same case and car mount combination and sent it back the day after it arrived for the same reasons plus the lack of edge protection.

Posts: 5 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Arlington Va
So what is the best case for the N800?

I got my Proporta case and it works quite well. I has a great fit and finish. The built in stand is nice but I wish they made the flap end rubber or metal and the rest plate metal or rubberized. Leather on compressed leather isn't all that stable.