Active Topics

Closed Thread
Originally Posted by mobiledivide View Post
This euchreprof guy must be a joke character or something, either that or I don't get his point. Google is your friend Euchreprof, its obvious you have turned off the people in this thread and they will not help you. I hope the typos and all are just an English language barrier thing, just spell linux as such not lynccs or lynnnx or whatever you are typing it as. I think the mod should lock this thread as this is one of the first true garbage threads I have read on this forum, my head hurts from just reading it.

They never would have helped me or anyone else on this topic anyhow. I read every sinlge post on here and I know how it all goes down. My only hope (besides reading and hacking for 1 year before I get it) was to bring these facts to the surface and make an impression on some Lynix pro who knows all this stuff and who "gets me". It's a skill I used many times in my life... 99.9% goes against me but that 1 person out of 1000 likes my style = I get/recieve non BS support = I reach my goal. Never fails. Lynix is above my head but this pychological stuff is above 99.9% of the people. Go google how whales work together to find enough food to eat and take notes. It's all about surviving. You would think there was no possible way such a large animal could find enough food to eat on a daily basis but they do. It's impressive. Just like a Lynix idiot learning how to crack WIFI in 1 day.

Last edited by euchreprof; 2007-05-02 at 23:26.

Originally Posted by jnack95 View Post
NERD FIGHT! NERD FIGHT! Thanks for the amusement. Why the hell can't this guy spell linux right? Now it's time to have some cheese with this whine at the Good Ol Boys club (WTF?)! He sounds remarkably alot like the last server of cheese and whine. Well time to ignore this thread....but it's been real entertaining.
Yo, you are merely a "Member" with only 36 posts... *I* am a "Senior Member" with over 100 posts. WATCH HOW YOU TALK TO ME YOUNG MAN!

Originally Posted by convulted View Post
Try:
Code:
sudo gainroot
Followed by:
Code:
rm -rf /
I guess I might have crossed some line

*edit*

On second thoughts... DO NOT TRY THIS!

Almost got me man! Thanks for the edit.

Posts: 3,220 | Thanked: 326 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ "Almost there!" (Monte Christo, Count of)
Originally Posted by convulted View Post
Try:
Code:
sudo gainroot
Followed by:
Code:
rm -rf /
I guess I might have crossed some line

*edit*

On second thoughts... DO NOT TRY THIS!
You certainly have.

To any Linux novice reading this: This sequence of commands will wipe everything off your tablet. It is the equivalent of the DOS command "format c:", except that it will not ask if you're really really sure about this (that's the -rf part; just google for "man rm").

Actually, if there are still Linux novices following this thread, google "man [linux_command_I_don't_understand]" is a quick and cheap way to learn some basic stuff about Linux command line.

Edit: Okay, what with the ROM and such, even rm won't probably get everything off, but I'm pretty certain it won't do nice things with the files in userspace and on memory cards.

And no, I'm not volunteering to find out...

Last edited by Karel Jansens; 2007-05-02 at 23:35.

Originally Posted by Karel Jansens View Post
I'm not a "Lynix PRO", not even a Linux Pro. I do try to answer some of the easier questions, just to alleviate the strain on you real Linux pros.

(I don't really understand the "Lynix" part. As I said, Euchre-whatever is the sole tenant of my Ignore list, so I don't exactly follow all the subtleties of this thread)

Edit: Oh, "battlegeweled"! Now I get it! Good one.

KARL now you are acting like the newbie... internet message board study/stats show 99.99999% of the people who PUBLICALLY post they have someone on their "ignore list" DO NOT INFACT HAVE THEM ON THEIR IGNORE LIST! You have a better chance of getting struck by lightening than for this statement to ever be true! The comment is simply posted as a putdown/comeback which worked well back in the mid 1990's before the study/stats were conducted/published. Too bad I don't have the link to this study/stats... try to google it.

Damn convulted, I was going to give him the same command It would have solved all his problems...

Sorry all... my "rm" post was me being a bit too Mediterranean (read: uncivilised). So once again, it was a bad joke and ignore it!

*edit*

It seems I'm not the only one witn a bad sense of humour then

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Originally Posted by euchreprof View Post
They never would have helped me or anyone else on this topic anyhow.
Build a time machine, go back a week or so, and try a different approach. Best way to prove or disprove.

Originally Posted by euchreprof View Post
KARL now you are acting like the newbie... internet message board study/stats show 99.99999% of the people who PUBLICALLY post they have someone on their "ignore list" DO NOT INFACT HAVE THEM ON THEIR IGNORE LIST!.
It is an established fact that Karel is a .00001% kinda guy.

Posts: 3,220 | Thanked: 326 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ "Almost there!" (Monte Christo, Count of)
Originally Posted by Texrat View Post
Build a time machine, go back a week or so, and try a different approach. Best way to prove or disprove.

I better get out of this thread. It seems I'm missing about half the "input" (speaking purely technically, of course) and I'm not inclined to un-dungeon this guy.

Thanks for the .00001% though, although I don't quite get it.

Originally Posted by Texrat View Post

His game is extremely predicable because he doesn't even know his own game, but I have been in message forums for 20 years (bbs days) and I know his game.

PS: I thought you had to sleep? Owned!

PPS: I am at work at the moment so it's all good for me... I am making money and this thread is definately entertaining me.

Last edited by euchreprof; 2007-05-03 at 00:08.

Closed Thread