Anyone get their Proporta case yet? I'm interested to see how well their belt clip works with the case.

Originally Posted by THX1138 View Post
Anyone get their Proporta case yet? I'm interested to see how well their belt clip works with the case.
I've had a Proporta N800 case on order since the end of March, still no sign of it despite an email claiming that the expected delivery date was approx 13th April :-(

Since I ordered it, I've been wondering whether the magnetic clasp might upset the SD door detector as they will lie very close when the case is fastened. With the N800 back cover removed, placing a similar clasp from another case (not Proporta, though) on the screen of the N800 was enough to trigger the "Memory card inserted" message, albeit briefly. However, with the back cover fitted, I did not manage to cause the opposite and with the real case the clasp will be a few millimetres further away (separated by the case's aluminum screen plate) so perhaps I need not worry.

I was just informed by Proporta that May 1 is the new date. They did offer to give me a free screen protector my troubles. I thought that good of them. At least they try to make it right.

Rich O

Posts: 177 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Apr 2006 @ Wirral, UK
This is the email reply I got from Proporta on 20th April:

Proporta’s Alu-Leather Case (Nokia n800 Series) - Flip Type is currently out of stock. We are expecting them to arrive with us by the 24th of April, and will send your product out to you immediately they arrive with us. You will of course not pay any shipping on any out of stock items.

Hmm. My May 1st date was on an email April 24. Probaly on back order from their vendor.
Its a matter of time before this thing slips out of the stock case and smashes.
Uggggg

Posts: 209 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Fishers, Indiana
Originally Posted by jazzbass12 View Post
Hmm. My May 1st date was on an email April 24. Probaly on back order from their vendor.
Its a matter of time before this thing slips out of the stock case and smashes.
Uggggg
Please do yourself a favor and spend the $6.00 to buy a little insurance while you're waiting! http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=170093903023 Seriously, I am really annoyed I didn't find out about one sooner and my n800 did a face-place onto concrete. To its credit it didn't crack the LCD but it gouged the chrome faceplate a bit a knocked a little chunk out of the stand. Never would have happened with one of these since they don't slide at all without the most violent of movements, and even then it would have prevented the scratches and gouging. I'm not selling these, I just hate to hear about other peoples' angst, wondering when that inevitable accident is going to happen They take about a week or so to ship to the US, incidentally.

Larry

Posts: 19 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Ontario, Canada
Thx for the link - for some reason, only the sellers selling the same cases for 9 dollars more were showing up for me. For $4.98 (shipping included) its good for a temporary solution.

Posts: 12 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Colorado

I ordered one of the book style PDair cases and love it. Shipping was prompt and nicely packaged. Most importantly, the case fits the n800 very well. I like the two spots for SD cards and the overall build qualtiy seems very good to me. I also ordered the anti-glare boxwave screen protector. Had no difficulty installing it, I just used a can of compressed air to keep it free of dust and hair while I applied it. No bubbles or dust. Now I have no worries about carrying the nokia around anymore.

Posts: 225 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ some where on earth
i got my case from boxwave.com i think its the best on the market