Hi, I bought N900.
Immediately after that, I started to look for what you can do with it and I came here.
Now I am struggling with various problems, I hope that I will find many answers here.
Regards

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to poho For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Aug 2018 @ Tampa, Florida
Hello, poho! Welcome aboard!

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Bobbyters For This Useful Post:
Hello, great forum, got lots of N9 info from here!

Q: Opened a new thread regarding N9 ovi maps data, but it does not show up. Is this waiting for approval or did I make some mistake?

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to flyte For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by flyte View Post
Hello, great forum, got lots of N9 info from here!

Q: Opened a new thread regarding N9 ovi maps data, but it does not show up. Is this waiting for approval or did I make some mistake?
Hello flyte and welcome.
There are some specific posting limitations (like no links or private messages allowed) on new users to prevent one time spammers and bots to do harm.
I don't know how this works exactly for new threads, but that may be the reason for this. After a few useful posts, these limitations will lift automatically.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Merienth For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Wow, flyte, 1 post, 5 thanks. Is that the highest ratio?

As far as know, new threads from new users must go through moderation to reduce the danger of flooding the forum with spam generated by bots. The moderation is very efficient (I doubt it is done by humans) because we do the occasional spam. But I believe it does impose a delay between a new thread being created by a new user and that thread becoming visible.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Thanks for the replies. Well, I'm not totally sure the forum did store my new thread, as it does not appear on my account either. If a moderator is reading along, would be great if you could unlock the thread somehow. I have a question but I also have info on how to resurrect the defunct N9 Ovi maps downloading, using a local HTTP server.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to flyte For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
Wow, flyte, 1 post, 5 thanks. Is that the highest ratio?

As far as know, new threads from new users must go through moderation to reduce the danger of flooding the forum with spam generated by bots. The moderation is very efficient (I doubt it is done by humans) because we do the occasional spam. But I believe it does impose a delay between a new thread being created by a new user and that thread becoming visible.
Please I need a clarification on flashing Nokia n900. Just got a one which is locked so I couldn't access it all. Flashed twice with the latest firmware (pr1.3), still yet to boot past the lockscreen. I want to flash off the lock and all. Need your guide

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wabota For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by wabota View Post
Please I need a clarification on flashing Nokia n900. Just got a one which is locked so I couldn't access it all. Flashed twice with the latest firmware (pr1.3), still yet to boot past the lockscreen. I want to flash off the lock and all. Need your guide
It's been a while but I recall you need to use the wipe option or cold flashing to clear a device that is locked.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
It's been a while but I recall you need to use the wipe option or cold flashing to clear a device that is locked.
How do I do this

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wabota For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,117 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
Originally Posted by wabota View Post
How do I do this
This thread is for new member saying hello.
We do have a search (despite no 'power search' anymore) field.

https://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?...42&postcount=3

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post:

Tags
bada boom, bada rox, hotelcalifornia, new users, newbie, newmo!, w2tmo, welcome to maemo.org