Posts: 1,313 | Thanked: 2,977 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Finland
Originally Posted by marxian View Post
My personal opinion is that donations will not signficantly affect the manpower allocated to tasks. If someone were motivated by money, the donations would be unlikely to cover the opportunity cost of performing the tasks. If someone were not motivated by money, they would complete the task anyway (if it were something they were interested in).
I agree here.

Like marxian I think this kind of donation pool will not attract significantly any developer resources.

But even so, this can be a worthwhile experiment: It can raise some exposure to some projects, prompting some people to donate some money. It can raise some developers interest seeing that many people are interested in some feature and then do a contribution. And at the end of the day, it can even get some developer an extra beer or coffee :P.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ajalkane For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Sorry, I have nothing useful to contribute to this thread except that it is delirium, not delirium

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
Sorry, I have nothing useful to contribute to this thread except that it is delirium, not delirium
oh fack, i have spent 30 second just to understand the difference!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to itdoesntmatt For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,117 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
Oh man I spent even more than 30 seconds but still I do not get the difference!
delirium, not delirium
But looking at your thread title I see it.

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by peterleinchen View Post
Oh man I spent even more than 30 seconds but still I do not get the difference!
delirium, not delirium
But looking at your thread title I see it.
good job

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to itdoesntmatt For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by itdoesntmatt View Post
oh fack, i have spent 30 second just to understand the difference!
Oh fak, bludy Android autocorrect!

(Yes, I am typing it on my daughter's tablet, much easier than my Jolla, despite the autocorrect.)

Thanks for noticing.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
since the (deserved) fundrising for cepi did his work pretty well and fast....i am thinking that a system like this could just work. maybe it worth a try.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to itdoesntmatt For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,974 | Thanked: 1,834 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ india
agree with juiceme"s thought of a forum
i got some points
- lets start first by using whatever available
-adding a experimentel second active topics feed which can house a diffrent class of active threads like these
- i say put the notifications of buy and sell section and devlopment section there for now
-let people create threads for individual requests with a poll
-let devlopers create threads with their thoughts and raise some beers to write the code
- - i dare to say lets start raising some beers in our backyards for juiceme for a little -TMO- restructring
approval by board is a matter of intrest of tmo'ians i say

Last edited by nokiabot; 2016-01-14 at 17:04. Reason: corrections to words

The Following User Says Thank You to nokiabot For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
Originally Posted by itdoesntmatt View Post
since the (deserved) fundrising for cepi did his work pretty well and fast....i am thinking that a system like this could just work. maybe it worth a try.
I don't think anybody would doubt that money can be raised. The question is whether it will have the desired effect (more manpower), and also whether there might be any undesirable effects resulting from the community becoming increasingly concerned with money. It is no use claiming to be different whilst also playing by the same rules as everyone else.

My website

GitHub

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
Just for an illustration: I have two apps lined up for the N900. None of them particularly important or useful, just my hobby projects. I would not expect any of them to feature on anyone's wish list. As I say, this is just for an illustration, to emphasize marxian's point.

One is a complete toy - really simple and nearly finished, just needs some finishing touches. The other one a bit more involved. And guess what? I have just checked: I started the toy one in May 2015 and the other one in March 2014. I just cannot get around to finishing either of them, never get two hours straight to do it. Pouring money down my throat would do no good, it is the time that I need.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:

Tags
bounty, coding is hard