Notices

Posts: 234 | Thanked: 281 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Helsinki

Would donate if I found a link.

Posts: 654 | Thanked: 664 times | Joined on Feb 2009 @ Germany
Originally Posted by magic_doc View Post
I am using conboy together with tomboy in easy-debian where I sync my notes via sshfs (fuse).
I would greatly appreciate to have this in conboy too.
Then everybody can have his own syncing service on the host he wants and isn't dependant on ubuntu or some other hoster.
What do you think is it very difficult to implement that in conboy?

CU Michael
Hi Michael,
are you asking about the integration into Conboy for N9(50) or N900? If you're interested in doing it I should be able to give you some hints where to start but it depends on the version you're targeting.

The Following User Says Thank You to conny For This Useful Post:
There is no link because I found no service that lets you donate more time to me
I'd like to have sync as well but cannot find enough time currently...

Originally Posted by shanttu View Post
Would donate if I found a link.

The Following User Says Thank You to conny For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by conny View Post
Hi Michael,
are you asking about the integration into Conboy for N9(50) or N900? If you're interested in doing it I should be able to give you some hints where to start but it depends on the version you're targeting.
I am using it on the n900. But I have no coding skills so I could not implement that on my own- sorry.
I read somewhere earlier in the thread that you have no time to maintain conboy any more and I am very sorry for that.
Maybe somebody else with proper coding skills read this and could try?

CU Michael

I am using it on the n900. But I have no coding skills so I could not implement that on my own- sorry.
I read somewhere earlier in the thread that you have no time to maintain conboy any more and I am very sorry for that.
Well, I'm trying to do Conboy for N9(50), but my N900 broke down and time is also very limited. So yea, unfortunately I can't do anything regarding the N900 anymore.

Maybe somebody else with proper coding skills read this and could try?
That would be awesome. If someone wants to do that I promise to help him/her to get started.

Posts: 1,559 | Thanked: 1,786 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Boston
I've recently switched to a different N900 due to usb problems on my original, and decided to update to stable CSSU. i just discovered that the global search in conboy doesn't work. Typing when on that screen simply doesn't open up a text box at the bottom as it ought to, and nothing else happens, either. Has anyone else had this problem or know how to resolve it?

Worst case scenario i'll reflash and go back to PR1.3 but i'd rather not do that!

Unofficial PR1.3/Meego 1.1 FAQ

Classic example of arbitrary Nokia decision making. Couldn't just fallback to the no brainer of tagging with lat/lon if network isn't accessible, could you Nokia?
MAME: an arcade in your pocket
Accelemymote: make your accelerometer more joy-ful

Posts: 804 | Thanked: 1,598 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gdynia, Poland
Originally Posted by Flandry View Post
I've recently switched to a different N900 due to usb problems on my original, and decided to update to stable CSSU. i just discovered that the global search in conboy doesn't work. Typing when on that screen simply doesn't open up a text box at the bottom as it ought to, and nothing else happens, either. Has anyone else had this problem or know how to resolve it?

Worst case scenario i'll reflash and go back to PR1.3 but i'd rather not do that!
Works for me, i'm using cssu stable. Did you try to run it from terminal? if you did, were there any error messages?

The Following User Says Thank You to misiak For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,559 | Thanked: 1,786 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Boston
Ah the problem only occurs if i start it in while in portrait orientation. No errors from console there so it might be a design decision for layout purposes. I could have sworn i restarted in landscape before to test but i guess not. False alarm.

I would suddenly find my N900 almost useless without a fully functional Conboy!

Unofficial PR1.3/Meego 1.1 FAQ

Classic example of arbitrary Nokia decision making. Couldn't just fallback to the no brainer of tagging with lat/lon if network isn't accessible, could you Nokia?
MAME: an arcade in your pocket
Accelemymote: make your accelerometer more joy-ful

Posts: 2 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Moldova, Chişinău
If you have synced your conboy against Ubuntu One yesterday, you might note that all notes are gone. Ubuntu One has posted note on this issue (https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuOne/Status):

2013-02-04 Some users were reporting their notes are missing. We discovered the problem which was caused by an update on the server side. We tested the fix and rolled it out. Notes should now successfully sync. If your notes do not come back, please see the following FAQ: https://one.ubuntu.com/help/faq/how-...-tomboy-notes/
But conboy can't restore notes via described procedure. I have had to install tomboy on desktop pc, sync notes there, and copy them using scp to /home/user/.conboy directory.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to vasile For This Useful Post:
There's a new sync server software called Rainy, intended to substitute for U1 note sync, and it works nicely with both Tomboy and Tomdroid. Unfortunately it's not quite compatible with Conboy, which uses POST requests for OAuth unlike the other clients, as discussed here.

The Rainy developer doesn't have time to add POST support any time soon, so is there someone who could change Conboy instead? I looked at the source code, and looks like it would be relatively easy, but I'd prefer someone with better C skills to implement it.

Last edited by martinique; 2013-04-02 at 13:36.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to martinique For This Useful Post:

Tags
conboy, grauphel